Rat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my white one (mist) has always had a dirty nose look, with the brown splotch on her nose. But lately it get's darker, now it's almost dark grey. It actually looks like she has a dirty nose, but I can't think of what it could possibly be. It's so odd.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You can't really see that picture clearly. I'm not sure if it is anything serious, so I think you might want to wait for someone else on here who knows. Or you could simply take Mist to the vet for a checkup.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
You are the proud owner of a himilayan. A PEW (pink-eyed white) with points. They can take up to 4 months to "color up".

Some have nice dark points, my Suri has very little...her ears have darkened a bit and she has a faint nose smudge but thats all. :roll:

Its normal. I believe when its cold the points darken.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I never knew what my oldest girl was until now. She's also a PEW, but a few months after I got her the fur at her nose turned light brown. It also darkened slightly in a ring around the base of her tail. (No, it's not just dirty.)

I sometimes call her my little brown-noser.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heh, pet store told me she was a dumbo.

I can get a picture tonight I promise, a few hours or so.

But from what you can tell it's normal? I'm sure in a better picture it'll be easier to see.

·
Registered
155 Posts
now i am curious if my rat is really a blue rat or not.

·
Registered
500 Posts
pooky, is your rat the one in the avatar? i think it's a blue, but there are different shades. i'm still trying to figure them out. here's a picture of scout; does anyone know what "type" of blue she is? lol, just a plain old blue? and what about pooky's?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts