Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm Tristan. I am a long-term occasional rat owner. My present ratty overlord, the Queen of my heart, is a recently rescued Siamese/Himalayan patterned elderly doe named Door. She's the best thing that ever happened to me, a beautiful little creature. It has been a while since I last knew the pleasure of owning a tame rat, and I can't imagine how I coped so long without a ratty companion. She loves to cuddle and fall asleep on my lap.I also share my life with a blue female Pacific Parrotlet named Molly. She's a little brat, but I love her too...And, for the sake of air-clearing, I feel obliged to confess that I own two beautiful (here goes nothing...) snakes; an albino corn snake (Luna) and a California king snake (Johnny C.) I hope that doesn't offend anybody, and totally understand if it does.Well... that's about it. Hi all!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Actually, quite a few members on here own snakes and rats. It's not extremely uncommon I don't think. :3I was tempted to get a parrotlet too, but I actually went with my grouchy little grump of a lovebird. XD I do love her though! Are you going to share pictures of your little ones? :3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Snakes and rats seems like a scary combo! But I'm sure that you wouldn't do anything to endanger either loved pet. I'd love to see pictures of your ratty she sounds beautiful! I personally have a male rat and he's the current love of my life

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Welcome! As mentioned, there are more snake owners here than you'd think. I'm one of them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry to announce that my dear little Door passed away a few weeks ago... I woke up one morning and found her emaciated and ice cold, struggling to move. I spent all day trying to keep her fed and hydrated, even taking her into my bed and sharing my warmth with her to get her body temperature up. I took her into an emergency vet clinic but it was too late. She passed away the following day. I spent the next few weeks grieving for her.One note of happy news: I am back in the fancy rat hobby. I obtained two stunning baby doe rats, Anna and Elsa, a couple of days ago. They are the most dynamic and fearless pair of little rats I've even had the pleasure of adopting. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Im so sorry that door died.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts