Rat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God... i have only had my lil baby rats a week today and every time i go to the cage they are running out on my arms and all around my head bless them.....

But when i have to go i get really sad because well..they basically WONT let me shut the cage door :eek: ... as soon as i shut it they are trying to come back out they just love the attention!

They have soo much in their cage to keep them entertained, i put treats hiding around the cage to keep them entertained aswel... there just craving more time outside the cage. i handle them loads a day!

Do any of you have this problem? Any tips on what i can do for them?!?
i sometimes find myself stopping going out to spend more time with them.. i suppose as babies they just want to explore more surroundings.. i cant leave them running around the room.. I FEEL SOO BAD LEAVING THEM!! :cry:
What shall i do ?

·
Registered
798 Posts
...they're not going to hate you for going out you know. And maybe they need a bigger cage. Maybe they're just very social, I have a rat that is way overly social, i open her cage to put food in and shes on top of my head before one chunk of dog food hits the bowl., I just sit and talk with her while shes in the cage and do puzzles and read books beside the cage to keep them company, they don't necessarily have to be out of the cage to be spending quality time with you.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I know just how you feel. Every time I walk past the girls' cage, at least 4 of the 6 run to the door, and then to side as I walk by, begging with their eyes and little paws clutching the bars for me to bring them out to play. Sometimes I open the door and give them all a skritch and let them climb on me for a minute or two, but then I feel even worse when I stick them right back in again. Even if they've been out for hours, when I put them back, they all sit right in the door looking at me, wanting more time out of the cage.

Forget puppy-dog eyes... nothing is more irresistible than the rattie-eyes look!

·
Registered
38 Posts
my lil girl is in a tank that is tall and she has a wooden house i made her and whenever i am in my room she will stand up on her house and beg to come out i always ffeel sorry for her because she does not have a rat buddy yet because i got her without telling my parents ( i am only 14) and they were mad so they are saying no more but i am sure they will give soon but i play with her all the time and i even have a littler cage at my friends house so i can take her there if i know i will be there for a long time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aww grace thats so cute! lol "by the way im bringing the rat"!

yea mana thats exaxtly what thier like and i find myself going "ill be back soon sweetie you have to stay their for a bit and il come bak ok??" like they can understand me or something! lol.
Renay i did the calculator and it said that i could house more than two rats in the cage, and takes up the size of a table lol.. their just extreamly sociable and probably want me to give them more food!!
Greedy lil devils!

·
Registered
527 Posts
aw, i think you're lucky to have such sociable ratties.
i've had my girls for over a month, but they still seem to prefer being in the cage rather than hanging out with me. :roll:
but i'm gonna give 'em more time and keep handling them.
they do enjoy being in my shirt for a couple of hours & cuddling with me, though.
they're such cuties! =)

·
Registered
38 Posts
ha ha i saw a post a little bit ago i saw a post that said that the gnawing kind of noise is a sign that they are happy and up till then i thougt that my rat was not liking to be held but seriously it might seem that way and they might actually adore being around you :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
aww i know just how hard it is to refuse those little faces!but in the end they will like you for taking them out, and they will just accept the fact that they have to go back in their cage =]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.