Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chase: Deaf, lovable, kind to all. Accepts all animals and people alike. Never bullies but HATES small spaces. Mis-marked Cap Silver black dumbo

Connor: Cuddle bug, lovable, sheep. Very reserved but super funny Velveteen dumbo ruby eyes.

Gatsby: Explorer, adventure loving, troublemaker. A very silly boy who loves food over anything else. Hooded Silver Black dumbo with a headspot and very light spotting on his back

They have been in a carrier together for 2 hours now. :3 They have had "play dates" in here once-twice a week for 2 weeks. The max time was a 4hr cuddle session in the carrier~ Should I clean out the cage and try it? Or leave them all in the carrier over night?

·
Registered
874 Posts
AWWWWWWW they are gorgeous, so glad you have them now :) It depends on where your cage is. If with you in your room you could try them in the big cage. Also depending on what time it is on your side...you could always do a trial before leaving them for the night.

·
Registered
874 Posts
See how he goes. You still have a fair amount of time? A good rule of note is to thoroughly clean his cage, use half water half vinegar to neutralize the pee smells, change bedding etc so that when you put them in Chases cage it'll be like a fresh start and not HIS territory. Hope that helps.

It's 11.15pm here. I really need to go sleep. Hope everything goes well. I'm sure it will, just keep,an ear open when you go to bed. Let us know. What did your mom say when she saw them?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm currently up at school so she hasn't met them yet. She doesn't like rats because their tails and hand like feet scare here, but finds all animals adorable in their own way. She doesn't really like to judge animals, but some things (like gore) freak her out, but she tolerates them because she knows I love them. They also fasinate her so long as they don't put their paws on her haha. She will most likely LOVE Connor. She loved my mouse Kodiak.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Aw I love their little hand like feet!! I'm sure she'll love and if not it doesn't matter, she said YES! What did you do with the housing for their first night? How did it go?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are all playing in my cage currently after spending 24 hours in the carrier. Chase will cuddle them but other then that really does his own thing and lets the babies play. I'm really happy I got both otherwise the poor baby would have no one to play with. Right now Chase is laying on a small shelf. I though it was depression but I think hes just getting lazy lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
Probably, as long as they are peaceful together though. The babies are crazy with energy and play at this age, so forgive Chase. Give him some alone time with you every now and then so he doesn't think he's been replaced. Rats can get jealous and depressed. Not saying Chase is but just to let you know. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts