Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001W8MDKO...&ascsubtag=e8acfbc1424aaa23e5b4205974fff61b_S

The time I had finding a sturdy cage. When it was just two small girls a glass tank and wire lid worked. Then we moved up to bigger ones. Then we came upon a group who knew how to chew cage bottoms. The PetSmart rat set up was useless. We replaced three and the only ones they had were ALL plastic bottomed.

This one is beautiful, a regular rat manor, huge and roomy. More than enough room for an igloo, chew log, food bowl, hiding tube and still lots of space to run around. In the winter I'll put bedding material on top of the wire bottom. But really excellent quality!

The only downside is putting it together. I would tell the company to mark each part, have lots of pictures with the instructions and a video tutorial too. It took three adults almost two hours to assemble it. It's also very big, you want to measure where it will go when you order it.

Have a rat cage party and invite several strong handy friends to help build it. It's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is the cage I have! :D I LOVE it! Mine was put together already, I got it at feeder's supply. Plenty of room; I have a lot of space for more things still! One of my girls decided she would rather chew through the fleece and sleep between it and the bars though XD So I just re-did it today with extra stuff in all the corners so maybe she won't chew.

The only thing I don't like about this cage is the bars on the side are so close together it really limits even standard attachments. The water bottle and litter box had to go somewhere with the one wider space to fit, so I can't really move them around and I could only use one of the screws on the litterbox, leaving a gap behind it. The water bottle stretchy thing is on vertical bars which I don't like, but there was no where else to put it where it would fit through the bars and be supported by the bottom hangar piece, if that makes any sense. I thought about maybe taking some pliers and making wider spots just for attachments.
Cage Degu Rodent Muridae Net

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah getting the water bottle tubes in took some doing. I wish we had this cage a few years ago though. One of the new rats had been adopted pregnant. The bars on the old cage were too wide and we lost the whole litter to them crawling out. These bars are like a ratty supermax, in a good way of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts