Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5 rats, 6 cats, a dog, a snake, a bearded dragon, and fish
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess i’ve been converted. for some context, i started breeding rats to feed my snake, now i love the rats and might need to rehome the snake. keeping the snake would be a huge fight, and i’ve had more of a bond with my rats than i’ve had with my snake. i love him, he’s really pretty and he’s fun to interact with, but i feel like someone else can give him the attention and focus he needs while i might always be fixated on the rats. i know i could probably deal with continuing to feed him, even with the babies i have had a hand in producing, but honestly more emotional stress is the last thing i need right now. i suppose i now am one of the crazy rat people, and i already have plans to spend an insane amount of money to get them a good cage and a good life.
unfortunately, i cannot keep the multitude of babies i will soon have (1 definitely pregnant rat, 1 probably pregnant rat, and 1 maybe pregnant rat) so if anyone is looking for rats in the dallas/fort worth area of texas, i will be raising these rats as pets, and i will soon have many in need of homes.

i’d also love advice on what to put in rat enclosures since mine has been on the smaller side and the new cage i’m considering would be massive.

but you guys were right, rats are really just that great, and it’s gonna be miserable to give some of them up, but i can’t exactly hoard 8 million rats effectively. im really glad i’ve gotten the experience and im excited to spend all the time i can with my fur babies :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Rats do have a magical quality that wins you over,either that or they brain wash us with ultrasonic😁I only had rats temporarily until I could get a dog......here I am 17 years later,still with rats and could of got a dog years ago and totally not interested Cage interior basics that I use are climbing ropes,parrot wooden chew toys,hammocks( you can make these yourself out of old fleeces,sweatshirts and t shirts) I have an igloo on the bottom of the cage,hats ( make sure they are not made of a material that the rat can get their feet caught in) as the rats LOVE to sleep in them,I have trouble getting their lazy butts out of them on a cold Winter morning.I also have some plastic tunnels and as girls are very active,a solid rat wheel.

·
Registered
Madam Squeakster and Señorita Squeaks
384 Posts
Hahaha. I totally understand. I got my rats about a year ago today and have probably spent $100 on them. That may not sound like much for a year but I’m 12 so don’t make a lot of money and my parents buy all their food and they bought their cage and spent the money to actually adopt the rats. So basically I have spent half the total money I have gotten all year on getting my rats treats and toys lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha. I totally understand. I got my rats about a year ago today and have probably spent $100 on them. That may not sound like much for a year but I’m 12 so don’t make a lot of money and my parents buy all their food and they bought their cage and spent the money to actually adopt the rats. So basically I have spent half the total money I have gotten all year on getting my rats treats and toys lol.
lol i’m only sixteen and i don’t have a job, but i do have some saved up money. my family is against the rats, except for my stepdad, who was against the snake, so i’m not getting any help with the rats at all (except for using my moms credit card and then paying her back). my family is also not doing amazing right now (my parents got divorced, which is the second time for me since my bio dad and mom already went through a divorce and this is my stepdad. my parents are also probably going to go broke, and have a fun amount of debt, and i have twin three-year-old brothers who are being fought over for custody. i’m really not in a place where my main concern should be rat cages, but my life has always been interesting and screw the humans, rats are better)
my mom almost rehomed the snake today, but i freaked out since she never asked me and i was going to wait until he finished shedding and i thought i had like another week with him.
if anyone has suggestions for what bird toys work the best for rats, i’d love to hear them, and i really want to be able to free roam my rats but we still have six cats in a small house. i’d use my bed or my room, but my sister and i share a room and she is not a fan of the rats. the only space in the house that i have any claim over has already been overtaken by rat stuff, and i can’t go outside with the rats (1. cats are also outside, 2. i’m absolutely terrified of wasps and will not go outside when it can be avoided, and 3. it’s actually about to freeze, which is rare for texas, it’s currently actually nice outside, but today the temperature plummets and i’m not naïve enough to hope for snow, but at least it will be about freezing)
it’s a few years until i can move out probably, and even though my sister turns 18 this month, she’s not going anywhere until college.
i have a limit of 5-6 rats and currently have three females and two males. since i won’t be breeding them, i’m only keeping the females, so i can maybe keep two or three of the babies if i can trick my mom into it or if i give a friend one of the rats so she can stay with her babies. i’d also love any name suggestions and just any tips in general (i keep wanting to do the smiley face but it switches to an emoji on here and i hate it)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rats do have a magical quality that wins you over,either that or they brain wash us with ultrasonic😁I only had rats temporarily until I could get a dog......here I am 17 years later,still with rats and could of got a dog years ago and totally not interested Cage interior basics that I use are climbing ropes,parrot wooden chew toys,hammocks( you can make these yourself out of old fleeces,sweatshirts and t shirts) I have an igloo on the bottom of the cage,hats ( make sure they are not made of a material that the rat can get their feet caught in) as the rats LOVE to sleep in them,I have trouble getting their lazy butts out of them on a cold Winter morning.I also have some plastic tunnels and as girls are very active,a solid rat wheel.
i’ve currently got a giant igloo, three small igloos, a sputnik/space pod, an igloo that’s supposed to be a burrowing toy for dogs but was perfectly rat sized so i repurposed it, a hammock that’s in process, and a lot of various cat toys, as well as an old beanie that’s now chewed to pieces, and a cardboard castle i spend far too much time on a while ago
are there any types of bird toys you’d recommend? i’m thinking of getting actual ladders (instead of making them or doing something cheap) cause they’re not too expensive on the petco app, and i’ve been trying to convince someone to take me to Ikea, but if you have any advice, recommendations, or name suggestions, i’m extremely open and would appreciate any help i can get

·
Registered
420 Posts
Since I have no children, my rats are living large. I won a $250 gift card from Target and spent 3/4 or more of it on rat stuff. I got an Amazon gc and spent it on rat stuff. It is easy to get carried away when you have extra $$. $100 is not shabby and there are ways to get stuff on the cheap or free (such as cardboard boxes and paper rolls).

·
Registered
420 Posts
i’ve currently got a giant igloo, three small igloos, a sputnik/space pod, an igloo that’s supposed to be a burrowing toy for dogs but was perfectly rat sized so i repurposed it, a hammock that’s in process, and a lot of various cat toys, as well as an old beanie that’s now chewed to pieces, and a cardboard castle i spend far too much time on a while ago
are there any types of bird toys you’d recommend? i’m thinking of getting actual ladders (instead of making them or doing something cheap) cause they’re not too expensive on the petco app, and i’ve been trying to convince someone to take me to Ikea, but if you have any advice, recommendations, or name suggestions, i’m extremely open and would appreciate any help i can get
I use a lot of the hanging wood toys for birds and I also use a few ladders as well. The scarf hangers at Ikea are great for climbing. I think they are $3.99. I also use doll houses I got from thrift stores or garage sales. With some of them, I had to remove any electronics. You can also repurpose things like the shower caddies and such for climbing and napping. Ikea also has a cool wooden wine rack that I have in the cage and in free roam.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use a lot of the hanging wood toys for birds and I also use a few ladders as well. The scarf hangers at Ikea are great for climbing. I think they are $3.99. I also use doll houses I got from thrift stores or garage sales. With some of them, I had to remove any electronics. You can also repurpose things like the shower caddies and such for climbing and napping. Ikea also has a cool wooden wine rack that I have in the cage and in free roam.
thank you!
i just ordered some ladders (on a good discount cause i’m cheap lol) and at the moment, i am making friendship bracelet-type rope to use for my rats cause i know how to do friendship bracelets and my grandma was a hoarder so i have almost an infinite supply of the thread. i’m not sure exactly what i’m going to do with it, but i’ve needed something like rope and getting transportation is difficult. i’ve got a trip to ikea on the menu, but that’s probably not going to happen because things that i want don’t happen. i currently have no free roam space, but i’m working on changing that. is there any adhesive that works for you? i’ve been wanting to use hot glue but they’ll just chew right through it

·
Registered
384 Posts
lol i’m only sixteen and i don’t have a job, but i do have some saved up money. my family is against the rats, except for my stepdad, who was against the snake, so i’m not getting any help with the rats at all (except for using my moms credit card and then paying her back). my family is also not doing amazing right now (my parents got divorced, which is the second time for me since my bio dad and mom already went through a divorce and this is my stepdad. my parents are also probably going to go broke, and have a fun amount of debt, and i have twin three-year-old brothers who are being fought over for custody. i’m really not in a place where my main concern should be rat cages, but my life has always been interesting and screw the humans, rats are better)
my mom almost rehomed the snake today, but i freaked out since she never asked me and i was going to wait until he finished shedding and i thought i had like another week with him.
if anyone has suggestions for what bird toys work the best for rats, i’d love to hear them, and i really want to be able to free roam my rats but we still have six cats in a small house. i’d use my bed or my room, but my sister and i share a room and she is not a fan of the rats. the only space in the house that i have any claim over has already been overtaken by rat stuff, and i can’t go outside with the rats (1. cats are also outside, 2. i’m absolutely terrified of wasps and will not go outside when it can be avoided, and 3. it’s actually about to freeze, which is rare for texas, it’s currently actually nice outside, but today the temperature plummets and i’m not naïve enough to hope for snow, but at least it will be about freezing)
it’s a few years until i can move out probably, and even though my sister turns 18 this month, she’s not going anywhere until college.
i have a limit of 5-6 rats and currently have three females and two males. since i won’t be breeding them, i’m only keeping the females, so i can maybe keep two or three of the babies if i can trick my mom into it or if i give a friend one of the rats so she can stay with her babies. i’d also love any name suggestions and just any tips in general (i keep wanting to do the smiley face but it switches to an emoji on here and i hate it)
Wow that’s a lot. My parents have been divorced since I was 6. My dad got remarried about a year and 1/4 ago (met the women 1 3/4 years ago (if you do the math on that one that you can probably see why I’m mad at him) he also has not mentioned it to me his literal daughter. So that always my little family troubles rant and as for what you can get your rats give them empty cardboard box’s. Yesterday was my rats adoption day and I got them a $15 hammock and I also gave them an empty box because I finished a box of cereal and they liked the box better lol. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow. I love this story. I can understand the appeal of those little rat faces and how you ended up having a soft spot for them. All the best for being a new pet rat owner. :)
thank you!
i have a rat that dives into my jacket the moment i open the enclosure, and she has so much personality, it made me sad that she would’ve been fed to a snake so young and no one would’ve gotten to enjoy her antics. she’s probably what did it for me overall. they now run up to greet me when they hear me nearby, and i’m so excited to pamper them to high heaven :) but i do have this rat who’s gonna be a feeder but my snake is shedding so when we put him in with the snake, he couldn’t see the rat and was very confused and scared. normally i’d bond with the rat and that’d be the end of it, but this rat is the singular most infuriating rat in the world and probably the only rat i refuse to fall in love with. also he’s got signs of an RI so i can’t put him in with my other rats. he chewed up my fake plants and the hide i gave him (now he just has a can, but he’s managed to make it be the loudest can urg) sorry for the impromptu rant but i just wish my snake would eat the rat so i stop having to deal with him. all of the other rats are incredible and i love them and i can’t wait to raise the babies, but this slightly deformed, sick, annoying rat is one i can handle having die.
i had no idea rats would be such great creatures when i got into it, but i certainly don’t regret making that decision.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow that’s a lot. My parents have been divorced since I was 6. My dad got remarried about a year and 1/4 ago (met the women 1 3/4 years ago (if you do the math on that one that you can probably see why I’m mad at him) he also has not mentioned it to me his literal daughter. So that always my little family troubles rant and as for what you can get your rats give them empty cardboard box’s. Yesterday was my rats adoption day and I got them a $15 hammock and I also gave them an empty box because I finished a box of cereal and they liked the box better lol. ;)
lol nice.
my dad left when i was eight, didn’t show up for any of the custody hearings or divorce stuff, just packed up and left. i haven’t seen him in a long time, and the older i get, the more i resent him for it. but yeah, family is great and the only family members i don’t have an issue with are my three year old brothers (twins) because even tho i am their personal playground, they can do pretty much no wrong.
my rats have loved this igloo i got them (a dog burrowing toy that was repurposed cause it was only $5) and an old beanie, and it’s probably because they can chew them up pretty bad and now there’s a whole bunch the bars where they can stick their faces out to see what i’m doing and sometimes i’ll give them treats. i don’t know how four rats can fit in that thing, but the only thing not in that igloo all the time is a singular tail. i have so much stuff that’s just piling up next to their enclosure since there isn’t space in their current one and i’m just waiting for the DCN, which was ordered last night (should be in by wednesday!)
i’ve been hoarding boxes and i’m running out of room to keep them lol, but also my rats favorite snacks have been blueberries, rat cookies i made them, and cinnamon toast crunch, which is so unhealthy but they love it so much that i still give them some occasionally.

·
Registered
384 Posts
lol nice.
my dad left when i was eight, didn’t show up for any of the custody hearings or divorce stuff, just packed up and left. i haven’t seen him in a long time, and the older i get, the more i resent him for it. but yeah, family is great and the only family members i don’t have an issue with are my three year old brothers (twins) because even tho i am their personal playground, they can do pretty much no wrong.
my rats have loved this igloo i got them (a dog burrowing toy that was repurposed cause it was only $5) and an old beanie, and it’s probably because they can chew them up pretty bad and now there’s a whole bunch the bars where they can stick their faces out to see what i’m doing and sometimes i’ll give them treats. i don’t know how four rats can fit in that thing, but the only thing not in that igloo all the time is a singular tail. i have so much stuff that’s just piling up next to their enclosure since there isn’t space in their current one and i’m just waiting for the DCN, which was ordered last night (should be in by wednesday!)
i’ve been hoarding boxes and i’m running out of room to keep them lol, but also my rats favorite snacks have been blueberries, rat cookies i made them, and cinnamon toast crunch, which is so unhealthy but they love it so much that i still give them some occasionally.
Personal playground is the best way I have ever heard someone explain what younger brothers think older siblings are. If I lay down within 5 feet of my brothers next thing I know I’m their trampoline ;)

·
Registered
Harald Fairhair & Pilgore the Destroyer, Barney, Karma
59 Posts
i guess i’ve been converted. for some context, i started breeding rats to feed my snake, now i love the rats and might need to rehome the snake. keeping the snake would be a huge fight, and i’ve had more of a bond with my rats than i’ve had with my snake. i love him, he’s really pretty and he’s fun to interact with, but i feel like someone else can give him the attention and focus he needs while i might always be fixated on the rats. i know i could probably deal with continuing to feed him, even with the babies i have had a hand in producing, but honestly more emotional stress is the last thing i need right now. i suppose i now am one of the crazy rat people, and i already have plans to spend an insane amount of money to get them a good cage and a good life.
unfortunately, i cannot keep the multitude of babies i will soon have (1 definitely pregnant rat, 1 probably pregnant rat, and 1 maybe pregnant rat) so if anyone is looking for rats in the dallas/fort worth area of texas, i will be raising these rats as pets, and i will soon have many in need of homes.

i’d also love advice on what to put in rat enclosures since mine has been on the smaller side and the new cage i’m considering would be massive.

but you guys were right, rats are really just that great, and it’s gonna be miserable to give some of them up, but i can’t exactly hoard 8 million rats effectively. im really glad i’ve gotten the experience and im excited to spend all the time i can with my fur babies :)
Have you got any genetics background? Because you have really be careful when breeding rats for anything other then feeders. Gecko breeding is different they are easy to breed. But mammals in general aren't easy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh woww! I love your story, let me know how it goes! Also I love how I'm but the only one who is obsessed taking care of our rats haha! My parents get so mad cause they are all I talk about at home and I spend all my time with them lol. My parents got the rats for us as a surprise on my first day at a new schl so it was really cool. Then they actually experienced what 4 rats actually means and wanted to give them back to the pet shop, but by that time it was already a month or two and I had already become besties with them before a week (which is really good considering my rats were brought from PetsAtHome) and didn't want to let them go back because it would most likely mean they would get eaten and I loved them too much. Long story short, I put up a massive protest and they finally let me keep them, provided they pay for bedding and food, and I do all the cleaning and everything. I've spent so much of my pocket money buying toys for them haha.

My girls are now maybe 5 months? And I'm so bloody glad I kept them because I cannot imagine being happy without them. I joined a new school very late and I'm catching up with every subject two years late in time for my GCSEs this year. It's so nice to come home and see them waking up just to see me (My mum told me they know what time I come home from school and they wake up a bit before I arrive to wait)

I've now taught 3 of my rats to turn around when I say it and all 3 turn at the same time it's so cute! One of my rats Dora is sick and can't balance, so I can't teach her. I feel so bad because her sisters are playing with me, but she can't learn to turn without falling, so she just sits on me and eats treats when I'm teaching the rest and I have to admit, being wobbly means I've been spoiling her way more than her sisters. The vet said she either will get better and the wonkiness has a chance to either go away or stay for the rest of her life, or it's something to do with the brain and she will either have to get surgery(which is not an option for me) or just live like that and have a happy life as best as she can, which I'm fine with, but if it gets realllllyyyy bad sometime in the future, she might need to be out down... :(

It really sucks because she really is the most friendly out of all of them, She was the first one to come and see us when we first got her, and she wasn't scared of the vet when she first saw her, and she was the smartest out of all the rats to be honest, quickly picking up anything, like litter training and knowing when to climb up and down my shoulder if I told her up or down. It really sucks that there will be so much wasted potential, but even if she is a little wonky forever, She will still have the best life with me, and I can just teach her different tricks to the rest, ones that are less likely to make her fall over! :D

I just read over and realised how I jumped from topic to topic but I can't express how much I love them so much and I have so much to say about them ahhh! <3

·
Registered
5 Posts

I'm interested in the snake if you still have it. I started on snakes like u did, but I fell in love with a hairless rat. Unfortunately I'm allergic, are u interested in another Rat, cuz I always want more snakes ;)
Wood Rectangle Grass Gas Tints and shades

Wood Safety glove Flooring Fawn Grass

·
Registered
Rats, rats, rats!
80 Posts
Just a comment on buying things for the rats’ cages: while good cages themselves tend to be a big expense (though sometimes you can get a discounted used cage), the toys and supplies you put inside for the rats really do not need to be fancy or cost much. Many items can be made from things repurposed from around the house or bought inexpensively from thrift stores. In spite of all the fancy cage tours and product reviews, most of the things rats enjoy sleeping in and interacting with are pretty simple and can be easily made without much cost. They may not LOOK as nice, but the rats don’t care. There are some great inexpensive ideas on The Dapper Rat (Rat Toy Ideas). Some of the simplest ideas are rat favorites: cardboard box hideouts, making hammocks/tunnels using the sleeves/hood from an old sweatshirt or the legs of old sweatpants, foraging toys made from toilet paper tubes. Yes there is a TON of merchandise you can purchase to fill the cage and free range, but rats don’t care how much you spend or how cute something is, they will chew holes in it, do their “business” in/on it, and otherwise live their lives making these things their own, and it will end up looking pretty “ratty” anyway. They don’t care about the Instagram value of their cage or play area. They will enjoy a homemade prop as much as something you buy, and if money is tight it’s better to find ways to repurpose household items for them to enjoy, and put your money instead toward a “vet fund.” That’s one of biggest expenses most people don’t prepare for, and proper vet care can make a huge difference in the quality of life for your rats. Since it sounds like you don’t have much support as a rat owner (financial or otherwise), it doesn’t seem like you can expect much help from your family if your rats need medical care, so it’s something to consider… In any case, I hope you and your rats thrive!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh woww! I love your story, let me know how it goes! Also I love how I'm but the only one who is obsessed taking care of our rats haha! My parents get so mad cause they are all I talk about at home and I spend all my time with them lol. My parents got the rats for us as a surprise on my first day at a new schl so it was really cool. Then they actually experienced what 4 rats actually means and wanted to give them back to the pet shop, but by that time it was already a month or two and I had already become besties with them before a week (which is really good considering my rats were brought from PetsAtHome) and didn't want to let them go back because it would most likely mean they would get eaten and I loved them too much. Long story short, I put up a massive protest and they finally let me keep them, provided they pay for bedding and food, and I do all the cleaning and everything. I've spent so much of my pocket money buying toys for them haha.

My girls are now maybe 5 months? And I'm so bloody glad I kept them because I cannot imagine being happy without them. I joined a new school very late and I'm catching up with every subject two years late in time for my GCSEs this year. It's so nice to come home and see them waking up just to see me (My mum told me they know what time I come home from school and they wake up a bit before I arrive to wait)

I've now taught 3 of my rats to turn around when I say it and all 3 turn at the same time it's so cute! One of my rats Dora is sick and can't balance, so I can't teach her. I feel so bad because her sisters are playing with me, but she can't learn to turn without falling, so she just sits on me and eats treats when I'm teaching the rest and I have to admit, being wobbly means I've been spoiling her way more than her sisters. The vet said she either will get better and the wonkiness has a chance to either go away or stay for the rest of her life, or it's something to do with the brain and she will either have to get surgery(which is not an option for me) or just live like that and have a happy life as best as she can, which I'm fine with, but if it gets realllllyyyy bad sometime in the future, she might need to be out down... :(

It really sucks because she really is the most friendly out of all of them, She was the first one to come and see us when we first got her, and she wasn't scared of the vet when she first saw her, and she was the smartest out of all the rats to be honest, quickly picking up anything, like litter training and knowing when to climb up and down my shoulder if I told her up or down. It really sucks that there will be so much wasted potential, but even if she is a little wonky forever, She will still have the best life with me, and I can just teach her different tricks to the rest, ones that are less likely to make her fall over! :D

I just read over and realised how I jumped from topic to topic but I can't express how much I love them so much and I have so much to say about them ahhh! <3
awww!
i literally just made my rats a foraging toy and gave it to them, my first thought when they got it was “let the hunger games begin!” and i was right, i have a thirty or so second video of them going absolutely nuts!
one of my female rats just gave birth yesterday so i’ve been bouncing around like a lunatic cause my dcn is supposed to come in like right now. i’m gonna try to attach the video of the rats attacking the foraging toy (which i was later taught was a piñata when they broke the top off and got treats spilled everywhere lol)
i’m not sure it’ll work, but i’m in the same boat of newfound rat obsession and everyone is so done with me.

·
Registered
Rats, rats, rats!
80 Posts
awww!
i literally just made my rats a foraging toy and gave it to them, my first thought when they got it was “let the hunger games begin!” and i was right, i have a thirty or so second video of them going absolutely nuts!
one of my female rats just gave birth yesterday so i’ve been bouncing around like a lunatic cause my dcn is supposed to come in like right now. i’m gonna try to attach the video of the rats attacking the foraging toy (which i was later taught was a piñata when they broke the top off and got treats spilled everywhere lol)
i’m not sure it’ll work, but i’m in the same boat of newfound rat obsession and everyone is so done with me.
How cool! It is so much fun (and so satisfying) to watch our rats absolutely DESTROY something we made for their enjoyment. Weird, huh? I’ve got the resources to get all the “cool” stuff for my rats and have gone that route, but at this point I realize a lot of the “pretty” accessories and color matching is about MY aesthetics, but the rats love a cardboard box as much as (or more than) an expensive store bought house. (One of the few purchased things I’d recommend if you can get a good deal: space pods/“Sputniks” — rats love these, and they are really not reproducible at home.)

Good luck with the new mama and finding good homes for her babies, and don’t get too annoyed when putting together the DCN (hints: a rubber mallet is super helpful, and be careful not to accidentally pinch any skin between the panels when you are struggling to force them together)…

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How cool! It is so much fun (and so satisfying) to watch our rats absolutely DESTROY something we made for their enjoyment. Weird, huh? I’ve got the resources to get all the “cool” stuff for my rats and have gone that route, but at this point I realize a lot of the “pretty” accessories and color matching is about MY aesthetics, but the rats love a cardboard box as much as (or more than) an expensive store bought house. (One of the few purchased things I’d recommend if you can get a good deal: space pods/“Sputniks” — rats love these, and they are really not reproducible at home.)

Good luck with the new mama and finding good homes for her babies, and don’t get too annoyed when putting together the DCN (hints: a rubber mallet is super helpful, and be careful not to accidentally pinch any skin between the panels when you are struggling to force them together)…
my cage got delayed or something, i’m not sure exactly but it’s not in yet. i’ve got a space pod (got it at a good deal too) and i’ve been making more foraging toys since they loved that one so much. they’re trying to get the whole pasta pieces out and i probably need to refill it, but they’ve been playing with it every time i’ve seen them. the babies are getting more pigmentation in, and i’m really excited to find out what they’ll look like.
it’s a bit later and the babies are doing great, i refilled the rats piñata, but apparently the tank topper i have ended up coming off somehow (i suspect cats) and my rats are mildly traumatized. the one i’m the closest with was trapped in the tank topper on the floor while the rest were in the tank, and i’m worried she’ll be a lot more cautious now. they’re okay and i’ve been foraging for rocks and sticks i can use for them and researching things i can make for them :,) perhaps i’m a bit obsessed

1 - 20 of 70 Posts