Rat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today at the store, the rat lady brought sosme rats and i was puttin them in their cages and i saw one. she was so cute. i immediately called my parents to make up a sob story so theyd let em get her. they said yes.

So now i have her in the tiny cage for quarentine.

I'm no good with quarentine. i find it to be TORTURE. cause i just want them to all play. but it must be done.

I'm tryin to come up with a name...ideas?

i hate quarentine. my girls are goin crazy. they smelll her.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
oh she is sooo pretty!!! I love grey on rats :).... I think she looks like a Dalilah or Sasha or Duchess...?

·
Registered
26 Posts
She's so cute, I second the idea of naming her Sasha! :p

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DUCHESS....thats her name. My other girls have a fancy/royal name theme going on so duchess is great. thanks.

and she is a beauty. shes drivin my girls nuts. they are all over me sayin "Whats that smell? a friend? foe? where?"

thing i love bout duchess, is she is suprisingly timid, yet adventurous, and super friendly. she snuck out when i tried to clean her q-cage and ventured my room. thing is, she went all over the girls toys so they cant play with them now.

·
Registered
359 Posts
hehe... i feel special now that i thought of her name... lol

·
Registered
995 Posts
Aaaawwwww!! She is SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!! :p :D :p

·
Registered
443 Posts
Awww, pretty girly! Congrats! :wink:

I just love blues...when I first saw Lana it took me like 5 seconds to decide to take her home. :lol:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I love grey on rats. I saw one for sale but it turned out to be a male and I dont really want rat babies, but very cute! :]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
wait they smell her? is your quarintine cage in the same room as your other girls? most health issues are air born or VERY easily transfered(mites and lice will stay on your shirt for a while) if they are in the same room you have already contaminated your other girls. Quarintine should be done in seperate air spaces at all times possible for three weeks AFTER all symptoms stop.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
chrisstrikeagain said:
DUCHESS....thats her name. My other girls have a fancy/royal name theme going on so duchess is great. thanks.

and she is a beauty. shes drivin my girls nuts. they are all over me sayin "Whats that smell? a friend? foe? where?"

thing i love bout duchess, is she is suprisingly timid, yet adventurous, and super friendly. she snuck out when i tried to clean her q-cage and ventured my room. thing is, she went all over the girls toys so they cant play with them now.
quarintine is broken by this :( hopefully she isn't sick or shedding SDA virus or have mites or lice

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
she is soooooooo cute!!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stephanie said:
quarintine is broken by this :( hopefully she isn't sick or shedding SDA virus or have mites or lice
Oh dearrr. she was right outside the room with the rats...and their toys aren't near them. they smelt her from the other room. both were on the second story.

Welll she seems healthy...and was treated for mites when we first got them in(as a precautionary)...

i :(

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I understand that not everyone can do proper quarintine LOL i can't even do it BUT my quarrintine rats are on the other end of the apartment with two closed doors betweens them. There is ALWAYS a chance of viruses spreading. That is why I am extremely careful about things like this. Think of it like this if you and i are standing on opposite side of a door and I sneeze on the door handle the frst time that door is opened you are contaminated due to germs flying from the movement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts