Rat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a dull weekend - so I found ways to amuse myself with fleece blankets and a sewing kit

I call it the 'Kirby Cup'

And this is Gus modelling his brand new Snuggle Pouch

"Hmm...This'll have to do..."

Lol. I had fun

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Those look great for a "bored effort" LOL.

Happy ratties now, all cozy and warm. :D

I love doing stuff for the rats, it ends up taking over the things I should do not relating to them though :roll:

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, I was meant to do christmas shopping this weekend, so I know what you mean. Instead, I spent 3 hours on the Kirby Cup and another hour on the Snuggle Pouch.

I live in the dark ages and don't have a sewing machine you see...

EDIT - anyway, now I've made something for two of them - I only have another 13 rats to go to avoid a jealous outrage

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thats nice hand sewing skill.... I have to hand sew my things too its time consuming... Any sewing tips??? i cant ever figure out how to get a good knot so the seems dont fall apart lol : )

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
way2kewl4u_92 said:
Thats nice hand sewing skill.... I have to hand sew my things too its time consuming... Any sewing tips??? i cant ever figure out how to get a good knot so the seems dont fall apart lol : )
Ugh, I've NEVER managed this skill. All I do is to two or three stitches on top of each other really tight when I start and finish and so far *cross fingers* it's held. I can't sew to save my life - these are pure good luck lol

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i was sewing all day yesterday, my stepmom taught me how to sew inside out, end threads, double sew and tie a knot. i sewed 2 pillows and a double layered hsmmock, and the material is rats pplaying soccer and it says soccer ratz on it

·
Registered
447 Posts
lol Thanks for the tip ill try it!!! =)

If i wanted to make a rat beanbag chair should i use cotton??

·
Registered
447 Posts
Making a human size hammock would be a fun activity! I think im gonna try it!!! lol ill get rid of my bed too! lol

It would only cost like 25dollars so make and id have to sew with a small rope lol! alot of layers too !

·
Registered
447 Posts
lol =) thats hilarious but a life size kirby cup would be comfortable!

·
Registered
347 Posts
That looks to complex for me :) .

I never really was a good sewer, and still aren't

Also, just to add, I'd buy your Kirby Cup if I could! :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
lol i would too its nice!!! but ill resort to making less fancier ones they love them [email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts