Rat Forum banner

Have you ever had a dream with rats in it?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[align=center]It was short, but I just thought I'd share it with you.

In my dream my rats were squeaking really really loud, so I walked up to their cage and they got quiet. They were both huddled in one corner on the top floor of the cage, so I opened the top door and reached down to pet them. When I was just about to touch them, they started squeaking again really loud.

Then I woke up, but I could still hear the loud squeaking noise. I looked over at the rat cage and saw one of my rats running in the wheel, which was squeaking. But it's weird because they never ran in it before. (That's why I wasn't oiling it.) I like when sounds in real life effect my dreams.... ^_^[/align]

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:lol: I usually meld my alarm into the dream... then I realize what it is and wake up. :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[align=center]I used to have one of those radio alarm clocks, so it would play a song for you to wake up to. So in my dream a song would just randomly start playing, then I'd think, "I like this song! Wait a second, why is a song playing? Oh, it's my alarm clock!" Then I'd wake up.

So I switched to one of those old style alarm clocks that has those 2 bell things. It's really loud. It's a good thing my sister leaves for school before I wake up because it would probably wake her up....[/align]

·
Registered
357 Posts
Whiskers said:
[align=center]It's weird because they never ran in it before. (That's why I wasn't oiling it.) [/align]
You know, I thought that my girls didn't run in their wheel either, but every once in a while I'll catch them doing it when they think I'm not there. I don't know why but they only like to run in it when I'm gone :p

I think they don't want to be busy if there's the chance that I might take them out, so my presence prevents them from using it during those times. LOL

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Actually I suppose I had a rat dream last night, but it was odd...

I dream that Jack was squeaking a lot. So I got out of bed and switched their cages (put the twins in the bottom and the others in the top). Then I went back to bed. And then I dreamed the same thing again and again. When I woke up I thought I really had switched them, so I was confused by them being in their normal places.

Then I switched them. Because it was bothering me. :lol:

·
Registered
418 Posts
About a year ago I had a dream with rainbow rats. Though they weren't just rainbow, they had like patterns, like plaid, but that was all different colors. There were maybe 3-5 of them in all different patterns and I walked up and down the train to look at other peoples' rats.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rattikins said:
You know, I thought that my girls didn't run in their wheel either, but every once in a while I'll catch them doing it when they think I'm not there. I don't know why but they only like to run in it when I'm gone :p

I think they don't want to be busy if there's the chance that I might take them out, so my presence prevents them from using it during those times. LOL
[align=center]Alice did the same thing with me. Once I got out of bed and went to the cage to see what was causing the noise, she got off the wheel and went up to the bars of the cage.[/align]

Forensic said:

I dream that Jack was squeaking a lot. So I got out of bed and switched their cages (put the twins in the bottom and the others in the top). Then I went back to bed. And then I dreamed the same thing again and again. When I woke up I thought I really had switched them, so I was confused by them being in their normal places.

[align=center]Why do some live on the top and some live on the bottom of the cage?[/align]

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Whiskers said:
Forensic said:

[align=center]Why do some live on the top and some live on the bottom of the cage?[/align]
Jack is anti-social with everyone but Puck and Baileys.

I need to get him in for a neuter (if this round of introductions results like the last one did...) . :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forensic said:

I need to get him in for a neuter (if this round of introductions results like the last one did...) . :(
[align=center]So you put Jack, Puck and Baileys together then the rest of the rats are together in a separate part of the cage?[/align]

lostbutnotforgot said:
Just ignore this, it's a double post.
[align=center]How can you have a double post if you only posted once? I'm confused....[/align]

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Whiskers said:
Forensic said:

[align=center]So you put Jack, Puck and Baileys together then the rest of the rats are together in a separate part of the cage?[/align]
Jack and Puck are together. Baileys stays with the others. I suppose I could put him up with the twins, couldn't hurt, they both like him.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forensic said:
Jack and Puck are together. Baileys stays with the others. I suppose I could put him up with the twins, couldn't hurt, they both like him.
[align=center]Are Jack and Puck brothers?[/align]

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Whiskers said:
Forensic said:
[align=center]Are Jack and Puck brothers?[/align]
Cousins, they think. Puck's a little older than Jack (couple weeks). They came from a house where two rats became hundreds... Jack and puck came from litters born from some of the females brought out of the situation. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forensic said:
Whiskers said:
Cousins, they think. Puck's a little older than Jack (couple weeks). They came from a house where two rats became hundreds... Jack and puck came from litters born from some of the females brought out of the situation. :)
[align=center]Oh. Well then why do you call them the twins?[/align]

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Whiskers said:
Forensic said:
Whiskers said:
[align=center]Oh. Well then why do you call them the twins?[/align]
'cause for a few days after I got them I couldn't tell them apart. :lol:

·
Registered
489 Posts
iv had so many rat nightmares...mostly involving my girls gettin mixed up with wild mice and rats...and gettin diseases.

and in one, rats were common like squirells and would run across the road

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Forensic said:
'cause for a few days after I got them I couldn't tell them apart. :lol:
[align=center]Ohh, okay! :D
A few days after I got Penelope and Alice I couldn't tell which was which, either.
But then since Alice is a Burmese and Penelope is a Burmese Velveteen, Penelope's fur started to get more ruffled-ish. :p [/align]

chrisstrikeagain said:
iv had so many rat nightmares...mostly involving my girls gettin mixed up with wild mice and rats...and gettin diseases.

and in one, rats were common like squirells and would run across the road
[align=center]How is the one where rats are common like squirrels a nightmare?
Were you driving and trying not to run them over or something?[/align]

·
Registered
489 Posts
YES, rats runnin in and out of roads in front of your car is a nightmare to me. id be scared that i would hit them!

·
Registered
23 Posts
my dream about rats is kinda like your exept for when i woke up my rat escaped and i had to chase it around the house after 3 long hour stating at 2:00 am i finally cuaght bouth of them at 5:00 and that was my dream becuase i didnt have rats then Hehehehe

1 - 20 of 25 Posts