Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a guy in one of my chat haunts called alm who, every time he hears me chat about my rats says 'Rats are meant to eat garbage and spread disease'. After hearing it for the millionth time and after trying to educate him, it really grates on one's nerves. He's an okay guy otherwise. Just wish he'd change his views on our lovable rodents.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, I've had to face a lot of rat insults too. ("Rats spread rabies", "Rats are vermin", "No offense, but they're absolutely disgusting and I can't imagine keeping one for a pet", etc.). Just ignore these people. Rats are sometimes unpopular and they're so underrated, but we all know they can be wonderful and lovable. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
My old roommates hated my rats. I didn’t much care for my roommate so it was whatever, it’s not like they saw the rats often but I never understood. The roommate I liked who loved the rats once brought home a guy who ran out of the house screaming when he saw them. Like one was out on the floor I tried to warn him then he saw her and bolted refusing to come inside. We both cracked up soooooo hard at how afraid he was of cedar who is the friendliest most curious little girl I’ve had thus far. But I’ve totally gotten flack too and I usually just show them either videos of rats doing tricks or guide them to apoporats which is the hero rats, the Gambian pouched rats who sniff land mines and TB in Africa. And also explain rats don’t carry rabies and hamsters are far more prone to evil lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That must have been one heck of a scene seeing the roomie's friend take off, LOL. Things to torment him with later in life XD!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts