Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I or someone could just put up a post in the rats needing homes section if we know about ratties needing homes using the format offer on the rats needing homes board but the context of my question really isn't a situation where that would be appropriate.

scenario: I know someone in my area who has some babies that will be available next month. She always has homes set up for her planned breedings of really great dumbo lines but anyone who has ever had to place rats knows... people can change their minds over the course of 5 weeks from birth to going home age or become impatient & get pet store rats or even just not show up to pick up babies when the appropriate time for pick up comes. Often the best planned litters end up with a few babies not going to the home they were reserved to go to.

So with a scenario such as that in mind...

There really isn't a place for people who are seeking rats to make this known on this board. I saw where it was suggested one time that people could just use the format suggested & word is as seeking rather than available but I don't see how that works because their requests kinda get buried by the postings of people who are attempting to place their rats

How can we fix this so that people who are looking for rats can make their posts easier to find by those who are looking to place their rats?

Like the situation I was mentioning earlier. If this person I know ends up with some babies that don't get placed & there are people in the area that are seeking.... how can they find each other?

ok, did any of that make sense... ???

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
makes perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i would love a board like that - i never know where anyone is located, and there are so many people with oops litters i would like to help!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what I was asking/suggesting was can there be a clearly marked section for "homes needing rats"

???

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i'll ask ratman about making another section but until i get an answer on that i can sticky the ones that are seeking rats. but really i didn't think this was that big a problem. i thought with the format it would be easy to scroll through the subject titles to find rats in your own area or homes in the area of your rats.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It really wasn't that easy & with the section being titled "rats needing homes" people who are looking may not know to place a wanted ad.

I did a scroll through the section & I found it was very difficult to read. Many threads do not have a proper heading & for the sake of ease & clarity... weeding through them is just a PITA

Please understand this isn't a complaint, just an idea of how dividing the two types of threads might help people find each other better.

You know as well as I do that often people are pounced on when others discover they were not on top of things & they have an oops. ot every time but there are those times that are quite memorable & this may cause people to shy away from revealing this info for fear of losing face. They may not want to reveal that they have a bunch of boo-boos to place... but if they see that someone in their area is seeking, well... they could contact them directly without having to reveal to the whole board that they had an oopsie & now wish to do the best they can to correct a mistake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts