Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my rats free range time they run around and get into everything in my room (it's a fair size room and they have lots to explore) but the other day after I collected them and put them back in their cages I noticed they had stolen my earrings and a marble 0_0 Do they like to collect shiny things? If so do you think they would like it if I bought them some pebbles(you know the ones you put at the bottom of the fish tanks) marbles and maybe some cheap jewellery and hid it so they could bring it back to their nest?

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
PrincessPeep said:
For my rats free range time they run around and get into everything in my room (it's a fair size room and they have lots to explore) but the other day after I collected them and put them back in their cages I noticed they had stolen my earrings and a marble 0_0 Do they like to collect shiny things? If so do you think they would like it if I bought them some pebbles(you know the ones you put at the bottom of the fish tanks) marbles and maybe some cheap jewellery and hid it so they could bring it back to their nest?
forget buying anything, leave around your bills you haven't paid and then they will get stashed and chewed on :roll:

rats stash anything/everything...doesn't have to be shiny.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(I have no idea why this is in rat health....oops 0_0)
ooh ok lolz so it was just a considence that they were shiny? Do you know if they like shiny things at all? Pointless to buy stuff then? ^_^
thanks.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
I don't know if its the shininess or the way it feels in their teeth. I have lost so many tweezers and cuticle removers under the bed :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
One crawls in my pocket and takes my keys out for me. Wants driving lessons, I suppose.

·
Registered
520 Posts
My rats are weird with collecting things. For example:

There was the great penny collection of 2003. They managed to collect any and all change from around my house and take it back to their cage. Cleaning it was like payday. I seriously ended up with about $60 over the course of the year...

They are in a marble, glass phase right now. It started when I put some in the bottom of their beloved swimming pool... They go nuts.

Kiwi (my ADD rat) will use them to barter. If Barry has a food item that Kiwi wants, she'll bring him a marble and he'll forget all about his food. :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMFG THAT IS SO CUTEEE.
(my rats HATE water. They dieee if I make them go near it xDD)
and lmfao teal!
Yah I was thinking of buying some of those marble things for them ^_^
Aand haha you were getting paid (in your own money though...Dx) for cleaning the cage. ^_^

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
One of my girls is in this huge paper thing. I left my Econ syllabus out on my bed, and left the room. I came back, and it was in the process of being shredded into nest lining! And that was just the beginning- newspapers, fliers, homework, scrap paper... Sevilla's not picky, she just looooves dragging paper back into the cage!

Belgie seems more into shineys- earrings and paper clips are a bit hit, although her absolute favorite is my retainer!! Oh, and pens. If I'm ever missing a pen, I know right where to look!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
mozart is very quiet and reserved so she does not really horde stuff... picasso on the other hand likes pen caps, paper (especially tissue paper and receipts) and beads (mardi gras beads, my fake pearl necklace, my cell phone charms, etc). it's cute and frustrating all at the same time. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts