Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...about my rats having babies!

I can never discern who i actually having the babies but the dream I had last night was...disturbing.

So the litter was three little bubs, and they grew to full size within a few ours. All the boys piled into the giant pink igloo I have(lol) and I pulled them out one by one. Apparently I missed one because Acid and Romi said "This one, you missed..." and pushed a very stiff, grungy looking rat with a dime-sized hole in the skin on it's back. I freaked and started petting it and rubbing it(like you rub newborns to stimulate them) and slowly he woke up, and his fur turned from the ugliest grey to he most beautiful husky coloring I'd ever seen...but the hole in it's back was still there.
So I made an appointment with my vet and wrangled the new baby into a cat crate(he was THAT big, very large!), but I realized the receptionist didn't even ask for my name or my rat's name so I tried to call her back...

Then I woke up.

It's just so...weird. I keep wondering if I WANT my rats to have kittens, but don't do it because I'm subconsciously afraid that something horrible will hapen.

I think I spend too much time reading the 'Accidental Litters' section...haha...

On a side note, I think Acid's time is almost here...all she wants to do is lay on my lap...I'll miss her so much when she passes but I'm so glad I have had the pleasure to have her with me for so long.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am so sorry for Acid. If her time has come, then just tell yourself that she has had a very fun,nice life. she has probably lots of adventures with you.

Okay, aobut the dreams, just......maybe stop reading hte accidental litters section. Also ,when you go to sleep think about other things, and not your rat.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've had dreams about mine getting pregnant, too... it freaks me out every time. I used to have dreams that my youngest was a boy, and that she got the other three girls pregnant- not fun!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I keep having dreams about having pet rats in general, and gerbils, hammies, and mice too.
I really need to spend less time on here (or I'll get obsessed; I'll probably have to wait the 4 years before I can get rats)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Well...I had the weirdest freaking dream last night. My family and I were in a hotel or something, and I turn over in my bed, and there's this blue rat. And he bites me...hard! And then he keeps jumping on me and then I look over, and I'm screaming at my parents to wake up and help me bc of this blue rat...and there's a "rhino rat," too. I dunno, it was really weird. This rhino rat had like tusks or something coming out of his face. It was so freaky!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
lol I had this one dream where I found a bunch, I don't even know how many rats in an old pawn shop. I took them all home to "rescue" them. lol I tried hiding them under my bed hoping my fincee wouldn't notice. XD

·
Registered
506 Posts
lol I had this one dream where I found a bunch, I don't even know how many rats in an old pawn shop. I took them all home to "rescue" them. lol I tried hiding them under my bed hoping my fincee wouldn't notice. XD I'm sorry about Acid. Sending all my positive energy your guy's way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts