Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newest rats use the space pod incorrectly. They lay on the arms of the space pod that connect to the top of the cage more often then they sleep inside of it. Do anyone else's rats misuse their space pods like this?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Rats do that all the time. Like mine will also sleep on the floor of their cage when they are right next to their hut with comfy fleece in it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have one girl that does that. I also have a girl who lays in it with her butt sticking out. Whatever's comfy for them, I guess. :/

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
My girls like to sleep behind the top of their wheel.... I caught my girl Sansa once & tried to take a pic but she woke up right before I snapped it. She was literally sleeping like this...

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have found my ladies sleeping in the food dish, on top of the igloo, and anywhere they darn well want to. I made a hammock yesterday and Endora decided she'd be the first to snooze in it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
My boy likes the top of his igloo too. Neither of them try to sleep on top of the pod though. My big guy Duke ended up tearing apart this fleece cube I bought them, it had a little pillow sewn into the bottom and he tore that out. Now he crawls into the mangled cube and sleeps with a single layer of tattered fleece between him and the floor of their cage. He seems to enjoy it much more than the $15 cushy cube it was before. Lesson learned...xD

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My recently passed girl Bijou would sometimes sleep in the food dish if I was using a shallow wide one. And one of my girls Aoife is always climbing upside down on the top of the cage! Not too many weird sleeping spots with my current ratties, but I'll often look in to see a couple snuggling and one will be laying completely on their back with feet up in the air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts