Rat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know hairless rats aren't the healthiest as they've been practically genetically mutated but my God are they cute! If I saw one, I would take him/her home with me in a flash. Their little faces just melt me and I am crazy jealous for anybody on here that has one of the little snuggle butts all to themselves! :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
i join you i LOVE hairless, well all rats but hairless is my favorite

·
Registered
737 Posts
you an alabama? there is a good breeder in texas and i think a few in alabama ill check

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wanna get some hairless and bring them down South for me haha!! Im trying to convince my OH to buy me another SRS for Christmas along with my pug :') Leta hope Santa is kind HA

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have a hairless male. I adooooore him. He is a total kisser.

Hairless rats are my favorites. Also rex. I love my curlies too.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I've never seen one in person, but based on pictures I've seen I don't get the appeal. I'm sure they're fine personality wise, but they look like weird wrinkly old men.

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm not a fan of hairless rats being bred. I've experienced way too many health problems with them, and I feel sorry for them having no fur to protect themselves or keep themselves warm. I love my hairless boy, but that's in spite of his hairlessness, not because. ;)

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'm just not a fan...I love all rats don't get me wrong but I would take furred over not furred unless I knew some horrible fate awaited the hairless

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Dan, they feel so SOFT. I paid a small fortune for mine after hunting for a hairless for months on end.

He feels like a warm baby's bottom. He is extremely neat to touch and I love his wrinkles. But they are a bit of an acquired taste, some people love them and some don't. I happen to be on the absolutely adore them side of the coin.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i feel ive been lucky with no health problems from my hairless babies i soo love them

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just think they're so cute! I will be looking out for a litter/rescue/rehome hairless to bring home! Ha :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts