Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into getting gerbils for the passed year or so and wanting to know more things before i get them ( if i do)
males or females and can males be with males and can females be with other female or be kept alone?I have a extra critter nation cage that i had two diffrent groups of rats in a few years ago.I would like something other than more rats sence i have three lovely boys already.Can gerbils go is critter nation cages or do they have to be kept in a tank i also have a 40 gallon tank sitting around.is a 40 gallon tank big enough for two gerbils?

·
Registered
Freddy, Alfredo, Juniper, Figgy, Dobby
691 Posts
1. I would join this if you don't get many answers here on this forum. Home | The Gerbil Forum

2. Before you get a new pet, you have to make sure you can take care of them and your existing pets. When I got rats, I drifted away from my mice and it was a HUGE mistake. I really retreat it. they deserved more attention.

3. Have you done research? I would watch some youtube videos and read some articles, it will answer a lot of your questions

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you!I have done research on them like i do with all animals before i get them.But some people say females can live alone some say they can't and its just confusing.I like to hear ansers from people who are like talking if u know what i mean by that but i would not listen to a pet store when my brother got a hamster at the pet store they told him to buy the littlest thing a critter trail!but thank god he did not get that.

·
Registered
Freddy, Alfredo, Juniper, Figgy, Dobby
691 Posts
thank you!I have done research on them like i do with all animals before i get them.But some people say females can live alone some say they can't and its just confusing.I like to hear ansers from people who are like talking if u know what i mean by that but i would not listen to a pet store when my brother got a hamster at the pet store they told him to buy the littlest thing a critter trail!but thank god he did not get that.
Yeah, I understand. That stinks that the pet store would say that! Im glad your brother did not get that cage. I think you should definitely join that gerbil forum and create post asking questions like can they live in a tank, whats the gender difference, can females live together, etc. Also, I found this gerbil breeder website that you can look at.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would recommend getting something like an aquarium/tank for gerbils because they are burrowing animals and need 5+ inches of bedding in their enclosures. A 40 gallon tank is probably enough for two gerbils :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts