Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Yesterday I woke up to find my baby had passed away peace fully in his sleep.
I can't get over it, I just miss him so much.
I wondered if anyone here can tell me how long before I feel better, and how long I should wait before adopting a new one.
Thank you
Love to your babies :two_hearts:

·
Registered
17 Posts
rylie 2.jpg sian_2.jpg
This is Rylie and Sian, she was killed in an accident about 3 years ago. I've never gotten completely over it but I've gotten to the point that I can live with it. When I lose one I'll be in a deep depression for a week or so. I wish I could say that it'll pass in a few days but it won't. Don't feel like you're alone in this, every rat person will understand.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. No one can tell you how long it will hurt or when you should get more rats. It will become bearable, but it is a process and each person grieves differently and for different amounts of time.

When you should get new rats depends completely on you. Would getting them sooner help you get through the loss of your previous rat(s)? Or will it make it worse by reminding you of them? For me, I think having rats to cuddle and get kisses from helps a lot while grieving. Others may prefer to grieve and then get rats. Don't rush in to anything, is my only advice on that front. Really consider how new rats may make you feel and if you are in a stable enough mental/emotional state to care for and love new family members so soon after your recent loss. There is no wrong answer. You just need to do what's best for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts