Rat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well pixie has been sneezing a lot lately and found a little lump on her tummy so have taken her back to the pet shop where I got her and they will take her to their vets, obviously I took both of them so they didnt get seperated but they said they didnt have space for the massive cage I have so took them in a small (hamster size) travel cage, I thought they would sort it all today but the woman was like (they shouldnt be in longer than a week) :( those poor things in that little cage all alone im so worried about them and miss them soooo much

cas

*edited* to avoid misunderstanding they are still on warantee as I have not long had them which is why the pet store will take them to their vets free of charge...

·
Registered
981 Posts
So the pet store will take them to the vet, and then give them back to you? At no cost?

Also I'd be concerned about taking my rats back to a pet store. Who knows what kind of rat diseases they could catch there from new arrivals!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I lied :roll:

Firstly its a very reputable pet store.

And secondly yes they will or I wouldnt have stated that ;)

As thats where I got them, and they are still on warantee hence taking them there for them to take to their vets free of charge rather than me paying when they are still on warantee. If they came from there they are not exactly any more likely to get something than when they lived there before I got them 2 weeks ago :roll:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Dannnngs, I was just asking because that sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Of course the sneezes could just be new home sneezes, but if you can get it checked out for free then that's pretty nice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks JBQ

and for the latter, re read your post it dosn't look like that, it looks as if you are suggesting its bollocks and then saying they would catch things from new arrivals...more likely to catch something in a vets which is full of sick animals...but great way to try and make someone feel better when they are upset enough as it is :roll:

if it wasnt meant in the way I read it then I apologize.

These are not just new home sneezes, it is a respiratory problem hence pixie now being on antibiotics :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts