Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mum doesn't like the name "rat". She agrees that they're not disgusting and disease-ridden, but the word rat doesn't come with a very nice backround. We neeeeed a codeword, she says.

Like Giant Floof Ball.

Or shnizzlefizzle. Not really, but hey, anything that you can still recognize means 'rat' without having to say it.

SO YES. HELP MEH.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My boys are fluffly lumpkins. :lol:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I refer to mine as "Norweigian Long-Tailed Hamsters". Certainly interesting to say that to people at petstores :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XD Okay, that is perfect!
(Oh, Maddie and Callie are just dolls!)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love this thread. I call them my rascals or by there name. I tell my friends Templeton doesnt like being referred to as a rat, he has a name.

I dont get how people are okay with hamsters and ferrets but not ratties

·
Registered
638 Posts
I just call mine, "the boys." As in, "I have to buy the boys a toy today," or, "I'm saving some of my ravioli for the boys." Everyone knows who I mean, even though I also have a boy dog and a boy cat.

Sometimes, I call them, "House Mouse," but as far as not turning your mom off, that might not work as well. But surely NO-ONE can object to "my boys" or "my girls," right?

I really, REALLY like some of the creative answers that are on this thread, though! :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Aw, those messages at G.P.A. about "what if the whole world was against you" made me cry! Truly! :(

·
Registered
549 Posts
I call the boys 'fuzzy slugs' when they reach the lazzy lap rat phase

·
Registered
527 Posts
haha, my mom told me today that she thinks the word "rat" is creepy and wants me to call my girls by a different name. guess our moms are similar, eh? :lol:
so..now i guess i'll call them stars when i'm around her! (star is rats backward, as most people know) =]

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have a logo set up and everything, in case I ever get a company:

"Rats Backwards Productions."

The "S" character is a rat, and an upside down rat, and they're linked at the tail, to form the "S."

(I left it up to the reader to figure out what rats backwards actually ~was.~)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
XD These all rock!

I'm calling them Great Pointed Archers half the time now, and the people I'm talking to get so confused o_o

I see how those commercials could make choo cry, Holly -patpathuggle- I thought they had a good point and that the rat costumes were hillarious (hm, I wonder how shallow zimmy is?)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts