Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if some words are misspelt here, I'm crying in the making of this post. My oldest baby girl, Honey ( she's currently two years old) has some major theeth issues. Her theeth are incredibly over grown to the point of her left bottom breaking off her left top and cutting the gum. We have tried everything. She just won't chew. It's even affecting her weight, and when she eats, she bleeds. Her furs even falling out from lack of nutrition. I have q planned vet day sometime this week. They say that they'll have to put her under seditavtives while trimming her theeth. I'm worried, because of her thin weight, and her previous URI problems. What should I do? Until then, what care should I give her interms of foods, ect?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Try giving her some soft foods like baby food, you can also offer nutrical (get puppy or kitten), or maybe oatmeal (cooled not hot), make sure she stays hydrated... you can try mixing the oatmeal with baby food and water to make it more liquidy. I hope the tooth trimming goes well, it sounds like she will start doing better once this is all over :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts