Rat Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
yup, cardboard will slow her down, but it's a game you know. The more barricades you put up, the more she'll want to get out :giggle:

I feed Taco Belle cream of wheat with brown sugar and butter, frozen peas, butternut squash, acorn squash, chicken or pork bones for protein and calcium (boys don't need the protein). I even use mixed-nut butter with raw honey and make a super special treat that they only get in the tiniest of portions. If your lady is not interested in her usual kibble, adding these foods and some fruits will help her get her calories.

·
Registered
Madam Squeakster and Señorita Squeaks
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can do everything but the wheat. I have celiac disease so wheat is not something I can touch but I can do everything else 😉

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
you can try cooked oatmeal, but mostly you need to keep the calories up. Good luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Cardboard did not help. I am literally sitting in a corner trying to get her out from underneath my nightstand as I type. She is being a * next I’m going to try a blanket cover but I’m worried I might have to invest about $30( I only have $32😢) and about 2 hours into covering their cage in mesh wiring😭. She bite me a few minutes ago when I tried to grab her and put her in her cage. This is the first time she has ever bitten me. It hurt and drew a little blood.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Where do you live? Perhaps a rescue close to you can help you find a cage more suited for a mouse, that way she won't be able to escape.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I live in Los Alamos NM. If you don’t know where that is look it up. You probably will not know it is about as small a town as it could be. I got my rats from a rat breeder in Maryland while I was visiting family and rode with them in the car back home. There is no rescue and I can’t afford a new cage anyway

21 - 26 of 26 Posts