Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a second cage because I think my R695 is getting too crowded. I love my Martin's cage but they're kind of pricey at times. So I was curious about what you guys all thought of this cage. The Super Pet Deluxe Ferret Home. The calculator says it can hold up to 5 rats. let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had a cage almost identical and made by the same company, and I've got to say ... I didn't like it at all. In fact, I just gave it away the other day.

It is really hard to clean and the plastic absorbs smell like you would not believe.

Sorry to be a buzzkill. :(

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ive put that cage together and I wouldn't put 5 rats in it. The shelves are small so they really don't add much floor space. Did you check ebay or craigslist? Sometimes you can get really good deals that way

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a cage kinda like that,but much taller,it smells,I have to clean it alot,but I wouldn't have it any other way(Ollie Loves it!)
its up to you,it is kinda hard to clean,and I'm not sure about 5 rats in it

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the input. I was thinking of just taking out the shelves it comes with completely and adding my own shelves and a entire full second floor. What do you guys think?

What is that stuff you guys usually use to make your own cages?

If i make those modifications and put lots of hammocks do you think that I could put 4 rats in there? Or should I put 3?

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
I dont particularly like that cage, ive heard people say that it smells outside the forum, and i dont know how much extra floor space the other levels add

1 - 8 of 8 Posts