1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Re: I need some opinions on my final choice of cage... POLL!

Of the three, I'd personally go with the Super Pet.

The R-690 isn't big enough, in my opinion, because the depth is only 14". I wouldn't go less than 18".

The F-435 looks good, but I'm not sure about the PVC coating. I don't have any experience with that so I don't know if the rats could/would chew it off. The upper wire floor would need to be covered with something. Plus I just don't really like how Martins Cages look. The grid-style wire makes them look cramped and dark, even if they're big and brightly decorated.

The Super Pet cage is epoxy coated, which will not come off. The bar spacing is safe for all rats. I also like the shelves because you can put them wherever you want, and have a second full floor, or an almost-full floor with a smaller shelf, etc - very customizable, so decorating is more fun, and changing the cage around keeps it more interesting for the ratties.

So that's my vote and my reasons ^_^

·
Registered
109 Posts

I have the Super Pet cage, and I think it's great. You don't have to cover anything with fleece, so it's very easy to set up. As a plus, it's quite cheap.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts

the only con of the super pet is that the shelves are not full shelves & those gutters on the sides are awful pee traps

most of the cages I have originally had those types of shelves & I have been able to replace most of them for free or nearly free by utilizing various materials over time.

I love the ease of cleaning in these cages & the fact that they break down if you need to store them or move them. Be sure to check the seams where you join the opposing sides. If they are open too much, use zip ties to close them up.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I'd go with the super pet cage... All of my rats have them. Its better because the levels aren't all wire. Wire hurts the rats feet unless you put something over it. I've seen that cage around some pet stores near me. It was too small to fit all of my five boys so I got them the Super Pet My First Home Multi-Floor Ferret Home. They love it. Its on wheels so its easier for me to move it around. The gutters on the side are traps but the stuff comes off easily when its washed with hot water. The pee trap gutters on the levels are my only cons againsed my cages. Super pet cages have deep bottoms so bedding rarely falls out. Anyway I hope you find the cage you need :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts