Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Im getting 2 girls both are hairless ..one is blue black and the other pink with redish fur on her face ..ill have pics soon

They will be in a cockatiel breeding cage its 21" x 18 " x 18" ..with 1" bar spacing
There age is 4 months and 2 months Im worried about them poking there heads through the bars ..should I worry ..and when i do buy another cage anybody have any good web sites to buy from ..canadian if possible ..

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
yes anyone what?

yes, i would worry about 1" bar spacing with 2 and 4 month old girls. my hairless is ridiculously tiny compared to her older, hairy friend. she stopped growing at like 5 months, and i'm sure she could still get out of 1" bar spacing. i don't think they'd get heads stuck or anything, but escape is a possibility.

i've never ordered online so i can't say, especially for canadian, lol. i'd try 3/4" or smaller spacing unless you wanted to cover the cage sides with PVC-coated hardware cloth.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been looking into Canadian online shopping and I have not found too much. There is the concern with ordering from a U.S store and the customs/duty that could be acquired when shipping across the border to Canada, especially with larger items that weigh a lot. Where in Canada are you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts