Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that I don't have too much time left before my two girls get to come home and the fact that something came up, so I won't have the money again for a cage between now and the time they do get here...

I was pretty much forced into having to get the "Super pet my first home multi-floor home" cage

despite the fact that I was wanting to get either the Fiesty Ferret cage or The Rat Skyscraper (R-695) martin cage :(

I figure that if I have to, I will keep the casters off of this cage I did order and put it on something strong and sturdy, and maybe that will make the cage more sturdy.

So, does anyone think my girls will be ok in this cage I've ordered? I will also be adding hardware mesh around it, so I don't have to worry about escapees :)

Also, here a some more hammocks I made for my girls (2 of them are no-sew hammocks)...they are so spoiled and they aren't even here yet...lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
My rats love that cage. Its a good cage. Right now I have five grown males in the cage. I've had the cage since September and had no problems with it. My favorite part of it is it has 3 doors. Now I have an easier time putting accessories in their cage.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
your girls should be fine in that cage, especially if you're putting hardware cloth around it.

and great hammocks!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
My girls love it so far. It's huge for just two rats, and whenever someone who hasn't seen it walking tno my room they are all "OMG you have TWO rats in that HUGE cage?" I think it's totally hilarious, and there's extra room if I ever want to add more XD

I had to put hardware cloth on the cage to prevent them from getting out and I didn't use the stand t came with. I made one out of those huge plastic lego things until I can get a cabinet thing to put it on as well as store the food/bedding/other crap inside. So far the blocks are doing great though, and I did leave a hole in the middle for all the rat junks to get put into.

It's a bit hard to find places to hang the hammocs since the shelves are solid, but my girls don't really use theirs yet so two are all they have. I also didn't set it up the way the instructions tell you to. the first way I had it sucked, and the way I've got it now works pretty darn well.
So all in all, I think your girls will do just fine in this cage.

< /ramble>

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad to hear that there are ratties out there that love this cage, I'm sure mine will as well.

I'm planning on putting hardware cloth up as well along with putting in a full floor on each level, minus a cut out section for ladders of course (which will be replacing the slides it comes with) that way they will be safer :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts