Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, everything has been going along nicely with my two fuzzy angels. Today was cage cleaning day and I decided to rearrange a little and eliminate one of the three hammocks because the other two are being used more. I got some cheap bath towels to put on the bottom of the cage to use instead of 3 kitchen towels as I have been (makes clean ups a breeze). Both of my fuzzies were acting normal. I went and picked up my husband and my nephew from my sister-in-law's house for the rest of the weekend. When we got back Ben, my nephew, wanted to say "Hi" to the girls. Endora was at the cage door as usual and Esmerelda was in the open faced tunnel. Ben has a soft spot for Es and was trying to coax her out. She was not having it. She was acting strange and listless so he gave up. After he left the room, I tried and she seemed apathetic. I poked my finger in and she let me stroke her and rested her chin on my finger. She never does this. So, I decided to give her space and went outside to have a cigar. The whole time I was fretting that she might be sick. I started imagining all kinds of things. Needless to say I got myself upset and on the verge of a crying fit. I went back to the cage and what d you know, she was fine. I surmise that she was just tired because the past couple of days I have been playing with them and hanging around. She was just pooped out. I have realized how much these two little squirts mean to me. It took me about 45 minutes to recover myself. I have been SO lucky with them so far and I hope this will continue for as long as they grace me with their presence. I also fear what will happen if they are ever taken from me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hugs!! I worry about my girls ALL the time because you read so much about how easy it is for them to be sick.. Anna who is by far my most shy and timid of my two still let me hold her and pet her for nearly 45 minutes the other night and it got to the point where I asked my husband if he thought there might be something wrong with her because she was so calm but sure enough the minute I put her back in her cage she was just as crazy as ever. Must have just been really tired at the moment. Funny how we worry so.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Aww. Well I'm very glad it wasn't anything serious. *huggles* I just imagine that's them pulling our chain a lot for extra attention. ^^

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh thank God for that! :D :D I put off reading this because i was sure it was going to be a sad story, lol!

·
Registered
57 Posts
That happens to me way too often! I've got Cornélio and Charlotte for nearly a month now, and specially on the begining, I'd freak out over anything. I remember one night where I thought one of them had been sneezing and I spent the whole night awake. I just couldn't sleep over the thought of them beeing sick! It's just like RattyTriplet said, we read so much about how easy it is for them to get sick or injured, that it just makes us a little bit too worried.

I'm glad your girls are alright! xx

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That happens to me way too often! I've got Cornélio and Charlotte for nearly a month now, and specially on the begining, I'd freak out over anything. I remember one night where I thought one of them had been sneezing and I spent the whole night awake. I just couldn't sleep over the thought of them beeing sick! It's just like RattyTriplet said, we read so much about how easy it is for them to get sick or injured, that it just makes us a little bit too worried.

I'm glad your girls are alright! xx
AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! I can't take the cuteness! They are so adorable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts