Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8O

Tonight, during playtime, Gus squeaked a couple of times, and I finally figured out that I had sat my butt on the end of his tail! He wasn't seriously hurt, thank heavens, but I still feel so badly about it; he was hurt enough to squeak to try to let me know about it.

We "made up" over a piece of chicken, and I don't think he's bothered by it, now...I'm not sure, but I think the chicken wiped it from his mind.

Has anyone here sat on or stepped on a tail or foot? Was your rat OK physically? If your rat was OK physically, was he OK emotionally/mentally, and did he forgive and forget fairly soon?

I think it would be fair to say that, now, Gus doesn't like the song, "Baby Got Back."

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've sat on Splinter's tail too many times, and she's ok. She has a normal tail, and she forgave me.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So happy to hear it! Instead of sleeping last night, I hovered around the boys' home, offering love, pets, and sometimes sweeties, because I felt guilty! (I can sleep during the day, when they sleep.)

·
Registered
194 Posts
i have stood on my girls a few times, but it hasn't caused any harm, they have managed to get out of the way just in time. i don't think they are bothered, they think it is part of the fun game to make mommy stumble all over the floor trying not to squish them. they run off in delight and come rushing back again!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I kind of sat on Bert a couple of days ago *blush* I didn't sit down all the way but enough for him to squeek. He seems fine. He gave me a good hand wrestle afterwards though.

I felt really guilty too.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I sat on Bella's tail last week. She squeaked and I got up right away, she licked my hand and all was forgiven.

But... my friend got a few rats, after hearing me talk about them so much. A few weeks ago, he told me one of them died. He sat on her without realizing it, and broke either her neck or her spine. He was devastated. Not only did his beloved rat die, he caused her death, albeit by accident.

Rats are small and fast (even big squishy guys can be fast when they want to be - just shake a yogie container ;) ) so we need to always be aware when they're out and about, because we are much bigger than they are and they could get hurt (or killed) if we forget to check and make sure they're not under us when we sit, or be careful about where we step if they're on the floor.

And on a completely unrelated note - all this morning, I had "Baby Got Back" stuck in my head 8O

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh, I know how you feel- A couple minutes ago I just squished my bigger rattie's toes on the little ramp clasps. Poor thing! But she didn't seem to care afterwards o_o; Like, at all.

Oh, speaking of, THANK YOU HOLLLLY!!!!!!! I just got two wonderful, little p-e-w's, one's a bit bigger than the other but they still look pretty young (They were "small"'s, cagemates, so I didn't have to bother with introductions). They look extreamly tiny in the big cage I got for them that could fit 4. I would've never gotten them without your advice! I LUVE YOO!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're very welcome, Zim! All I ask in return is LOTS of pictures and stories about your new, beautiful girls! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts