Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Clover is not terribly young - she's two - And she's got a tumor on her cheek that is just getting larger and larger. She's still eating and drinking, but she's moving a good deal slower. She's having a hard time keeping her lower teeth filed down, so she can't close her mouth completely anymore.

Is there anything I can do for her to keep her comfortable?

·
Registered
337 Posts
You could give pain relief and feed soft foods that are easier to eat but there probably isn't much else you can do. Is it potentially a zymbal gland tumour? If it is I would pts sooner rather than later. Sorry for your baby.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If her teeth are overgrown can you have the vet show you how to trim them? This would help her to continue eating as long as she wants to. Otherwise she will be unable to eat at all when her teeth reach a certain point.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I had to look up Zymbal gland tumors and hers isn't open like the majority of the ones on Google image search shows. But the close ones that are still under fur and on the cheek? Yes, that's what it looks like. It wasn't diagnosed as specifically that though. What's pts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts