Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Louie and his new friends are getting along smashingly and are as cute as ever!

the 2 hooded and the PEW are from the same litter, the tan is a few days-week older, and Louie the big smeaz is about 4 month's (?)

LOUIE!!

Louie with Nigel in the backround

Asdis (pronounced Oust-IES)

Adonis

Nigel

Bailey (very photo friendly)

in the hood?

groupies

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

"Can't a rat get any peace and quiet around here?!" :lol:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
We narrate our rats' actions all the time :D

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
aww. i love those pink eyes! i just got my first pink eyed rat the day before yesterday. o love starring at those gorgous eyes! i can't believe it took me 4 years and over 40 rats later to come home with my first pink eyed one. they're so stunning beautiful!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
twitch said:
aww. i love those pink eyes! i just got my first pink eyed rat the day before yesterday. o love starring at those gorgous eyes! i can't believe it took me 4 years and over 40 rats later to come home with my first pink eyed one. they're so stunning beautiful!
After we got our pink eyed girl, we started thinking how sinister our dark eyed girl looked :lol:

·
Registered
814 Posts
AAAWWW I can't over the wittle faces, ears, paws, and all the cute wittleness!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spider said:
Wonderful pictures, I like seeing Rats about their lives.
Wha kind of Rat Blocks are those?
Spider
Harlan Teklad Lab Blocks #8604
you can find it here kims ark

i plan on reordering the #2014 within the next two weeks and starting to mix that in. since the block i have now is for young and nursing rats/ nursing moms. they don't need quite as much crude protein, i feel it was a good boost for them though, since mama seemed sickly and unable to provide them with enough milk. i actually weaned the boys at3 1/2 weeks because mama looked so sick of feeding them, even after i started helping her by buying baby formula and feeding the little ones..

its a really good block! :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hjkaga said:
what kind of bedding do you have in the bottom of the cage???
Its called "cozy critter super shavin's" i got it at my super stop and shop. it says:

"low aromatic hemlock, spruce, fir better then Aspen!" so i got it, it's all recycled wood, and "is screened to reduce dust slivers and other stuff that's not so good for you or your pal." I got it because it says it was low in Aromatic oils, since that the whole uproar about pine, plus it made from hard woods.
:D

I had asked about it a while ago on this forum and goosemoose, but no one gave me any answers. my boys REALLY like it, they love digging in it and making little nests. None of them sneeze or cough so i'm figuring it's a good deal. I think it was like $5.99 and theres a lot in the bag:
compresses to 10.7 liters and recovers to 32.3 liters.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Hemlock, spruce, and fir are all softwoods. :?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
then i'm confused, i know nothing about trees. But it says on the package its better then aspen.... maybe because its treated? *pouts* i asked the forum before and no one told me it was bad or good.... i assumed that if it was bad someone would have said something.... none of my boys are coughing or sneezing, no signs of any resp problems. I know what resp sound like too, they use pine at my work (i'm mentioned how bad this is... the only rep i got back was "ceder is worse" um yea, whats your point? **SIGH** i dunno, i'm so confused.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was using carefresh, but it's too expensive to keep buying the ultra, and the aspen at the places i went to look seems chunky and dusty and rough, so i didn't get it. is there different kinds of aspen bedding?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Aspen's gonna depend on the brand, of course. It does say it's low-aromatic, so maybe it's really better, I couldn't say. Personally I prefer Yesterday's News, but I'm no expert on what woods are good and not good.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Forensic said:
Aspen's gonna depend on the brand, of course. It does say it's low-aromatic, so maybe it's really better, I couldn't say. Personally I prefer Yesterday's News, but I'm no expert on what woods are good and not good.
Actually i was going to buy yesterday's news after i went through this, it's rather hard to pick out of the carpet, and i think the pellets would be easier to clean, but they really like digging in it, so feel kinda bad.... i'll figure something out i suppose.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts