Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has been acting odd and running around in circles a lot lately. But today when I went to see her she stayed in the same spot when I petted her and she usually shys away. She still took treats. But when she tried to walk her head was twisting at weird angles and she struggled to walk. She's currently resting in this uncomfortable looking position. My mom won't take her to the vet today cause its easter but we will go tomorrow . hopefully its not too late but I think she's going to die. My aunt is a parasitologist and she came over yesterday for dinner and said she seemed like she was going to die soon. She wasn't acting this weird yesterday though. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
This could simply be an ear infection that can be treated with antibiotics. A more serious cause might be a pituitary tumor, but please do take her to the vet. If it's a simple ear infection that goes unchecked it could become serious enough to kill her.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know :( we should have taken her earlier but my mom didn't listen . I will try to take her tomorrow

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We took her to the vet and got more baytril. But now she's bleeding out her nose and sneezing. Could this be infectious to my other rat ?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have no idea without knowing what it is but it might be best to separate depending on the seriousness

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Poor fuzzy :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts