Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my rat started um..humping I take it. Like we'll be playing and shes chasing my hand and shes wrestling with my hand. and then she runs up my arm and vibrates which i know thats what hamsters do but I mean is she confused and thinks i'm like a mate? lol because she only does it to me. my boyfriend was playing with her and was like WHY ARE YOU THE ONLY ONE SHE LOVES?! lol please help. and is there anyway to stop her besides spaying her?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my boyfriend kept saying"OMG OUR DAUGHTERS A LESBIAN! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO INVEST IN A CHRISTIAN CAMP AND SHIP HER OFF!" it was kind of depressing haha. And thank you matt for your loads of help and advice, =]

·
Registered
489 Posts
My girls have never done that to me, but often rats will often hump one eachother when one is in heat. so congradulations...your a rat in heat.
to stop her, push her off and say no. but that also might discourage her from playin with you.

SO i'd say deal with it....how often does she do this?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost everytime she's on me. lmao Just out of no where she humps, And then she'll go and explore, come back and hump some more. I wonder if this is normal. And gosh i guess a bath a day isnt enough if i remind her of a rat in heat haha

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i can't think of anyhtin much funnier then a vibrating rat in heat. i especailly love it when they get their ears going.

i think its a cute behavior so i've never tried to stop it. personally i don't think you can either. its just the way they are built. female cat yowl and rats vibrate. if you spay her she'll stop cause she won't go into heat but other then that i'd say just change your attitude towards it and try looking at in another way. after all, what other animal do you know of that can wiggle their ears that fast? and all the bouncing and hopping gives them lots of excersize to help keep the nice trim body.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Okay, wait. Twitch, you made me think...

Is she vibrating when you're petting her, or is she actually *humping* your hand?

I've had girls that vibrate, for sure. But I'm confused here if we're talking about that, or actual humping.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If she's actually humping you you may want to pin her when it happens, since females only hump as a mark of dominance and you ought to be the dominant one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love her ears. oh my haha. She does it if I scratch her in a certain place on her back. (Kimmiekins shes not hand humping she's just shaking lmao) and it really is cute I mean I don't think any other animal is more amusing while in the act. haha. But the only thing about fiona is she's not in heat... I don't think.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Rats come into heat every 4-5 days, I believe.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Oh! Okay, for some reason, I thought you meant literally humping! *grin* I think I need more sleep.

Nah, that's normal female rat behavior, to vibrate when scratched on their backs. I have 5 girls in the rescue that are nutty when in heat. As Forensic said, they're in heat about every 4 days.

I'm pretty sure the only way to stop it is with spaying. :p

·
Registered
941 Posts
Kimmiekins said:
I was just thinking, though. I have some male rats that kinda shiver if you scratch in just the "right" spot. I wonder if that's part of it?
ME TOO! I was waiting for someone to say they had a male that does it too. I didnt want to be the first one to say it though so I kept quiet...lol..

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yeah, i got my neutered boy bribery to vibrate his ears once just like a girl when i was towel drying him after his bath (i don't know who is the messier eater, him or his himi girlfriend Eyes. i swear they would rather swim and paint with their food then eat it...). it was very cute and it certainly surprised me. i haven't been able to get him to do it since though... *pouts* it was so cute

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have a homosexual rat. He always humps his cagemate when he's excited. It's a good thing his cagemate just shrugs it off and moves on lol.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts