Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a playpen at Petco so that the girls could have a space. As you can imagine, they both are escape artists and I have to keep an eye on them. I added a Fisher Price doll house that my Mom had for the grandkids and they LOVE it! Toda, I took the house out and I sat in there with them. They climbed all over me. It was kind of neat. The run around a lot and aren't too snuggly, but I've only had tem for two weeks. The already take treats out of my hand. I find myself anticipating my "rat time" every day.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm so glad for you! I initially started with a playpen for my girls, but Dela was pretty quick to figure that one out. Which actually means she took flying leaps off of pretty much anything to get on top of the three-foot-or-so wall. I had to take it down to make sure she didn't hurt herself. XD I can say that playing with them becomes something very important to you, and in the case of not being able to take them out for a day, I get rather unhappy. I wish you luck with your babies. <3

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I Do outside time on the sofa or I block or sections of my basement. And I like it better when they can just run around. It's more fun.

·
Registered
870 Posts
When I had 13 rats, on cleaning day I would put them in a baby's playpen and sit next to it while my son hosed the cage. I couldn't hold 13 in my lap, but during the half hour or so they were in it, they all came up to see me and get treats. I filled it with boxes and toys and we all had a good time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since we are new, I haven't thought about roaming. We have a computer room that would be fun. I have cats, so all play will be monitored and doors will be closed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just look out for power cords in your computer room. I let my two girls run loose and I found out pretty quickly how fast they can chew through a power cord.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Rat time is the best time! Whenever I'm stressed, anxious or depressed, I hang out with one or two of my girls and I feel so much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts