Rat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might of gotten into breeding rats for all of the wrong reason through rat pet owners, but i love my rats very much!! As of right now i have 2 adult males and 6 adult females. I also have a new rat to my colony who had just been weaned. OH babies...i have 38 babies right now. Most are just gunna be a cinnamon paerl/tannish type color, but i do have some black selfs, an irish male, and some hooded babies.

A little more about me. Im 15 years old and my name is Amanda. I live in a little town in Texas. I am the youngest, and i also have big plans for my life. I grew up loving animals and being around them constantly. I use to not like rats at all but thanks to a friend that showed me how sweet they are i am now in love with them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome from Redd, Yuki & Choco!

0_0 and you're only 15? Can you fund this? Do you have enough time? What do your parents think?

...and please clean up your grammar :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
You have to post pics of the little one, Me and my mom have been breeding rats well since before i was born :p so more her than me but you get the idea. What do you do with all the little ones??

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums! I don't see anything wrong with your grammer...lol :) unless you fixed it already, but I don't believe so. Hmmm, 15 is young to be breeding I agree, however if your parents know what they are doing and if you are mature enough to take on all the responsibilities (including cost, finding homes, health, all that) then I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Eh, I tend to be a bit of a grammar nazi, please pardon me. I can accept minor spelling/grammatic mistakes and native dialect (ie on the web things like "j0" or "dunno" or "gotcha"), but I can't uncapitalized proper nouns. It makes my head want to explode, I get on my boyfriend about it all the time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gah! Typo! Forgive me, please, I meant I can't STAND uncapitalized proper nouns. Seriously though, it's like something goes off inside my head and my eyes start bulging out. Sparks start flying, my face turns DEEP red, it starts to shake and then--BOOM!!! There it goes! Little bits of Redd's head, all over the place! Maybe my little ratties would like that as a treat...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My parents don't really care. I take care of them and everything properly. The only thing she helps me out with is food. I guess im not your typical 15 year old. Once you getto know me you'll understand i know ALOT about animals.

I started breeding rats as snake food. I feed my snakes the un attractive ones(the ones i dont like) I do breed for quality though and i enjoy having really pretty rats. I hold the babies daily to make sure they get a good start on being socialized. I also keep very good notes on each and every one of my breeders and their babies. Oh and i also sell them as pets or feeders. Ill post some more pics after school.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Frankly that is disgusting and not appreciated. While it's understood that snakes need to eat, it takes a very sick person to come onto a PET RAT forum and post disgusting images such as these.

I don't know what bothers me more, the pictures themselves, the fact that you TOOK the pictures, or that you seem to have no consience whatsoever.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Woah, i'm kinda glad i didn't see this...but i have to ask - what were the pictures of?

I'm pretty sure i don't want to know :(

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i was told it was of a snake eating rats. i'm glad i didn't see it either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I personally just thought she was way too young to breed rats and she really wasn't doing it for the right reasons. Glad I was out a couple of days so I didn't have to deal with that...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It was a snake eating rats...I wish I wouldnt have seen it, however, Im glad I did becuase I reported it ASAP. I mean, I have owned snakes before, but thats uncalled for and VERY imature.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh my gosh I can't believe someone would post something like that on a PET rat forum! That's almost like posting a picture of one of your family members being murdered. How aweful. Seriously, what in the world would she do that for?!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
this topic has long been dead and bringing it back is not going to help anyone. locked before it can cause trouble.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.