Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just a suggestion, but isamurat has given some really great information on her homemade mixes. If we could consolidate some of the lists of food, nutrients she has advised to watch for-maybe even some of the little antidote information like watching the rats tails.

Cagedbirdsinging and few others also have a strong knowledge base on rat diet. It would be really nice to see this information in an easy to access place without having to search the whole forum, with the possibility of missing some important information.

As I said it's just a suggestion and not sure if it's possible to just gather the info already here and combine for one sticky or if I'm asking for too much work from isamurat and caged to write up a new one.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think this is a great idea! I'm not currently feeding a homemade mix, but I know I would love to one day and I have seen some really great advice from the both of them. I'm that pretentious person thay stops people at PetSmart to inform them about the name brand expensive junk they are buying. This would be helpful not only for making your own mix but educating people on what they should expect to see in their rat food ingredients.

·
Registered
272 Posts
MeinTora, I would like to have bumped into such pretentious person who could inform me before I spent loads of money experimenting with different foods. :)

My "homemade" dry mix includes: Oxbos Regal, full grain cheerios, corn flakes, puffed rice, puffed wheat, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, bits of granola, dried banana pieces, dried fruit pieces (mostly apples, pears). Note: Oxbow amounts to about 50% of the mix. That's what I give my little buggers for night, or when I have to leave them alone for a whole day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.