Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make levels for this cage I may make.

the walls are mesh and the borders, keeping the mesh from collapsing are wood. I plan to cover the wood in whatever way suits me best.

My question is for levels. what should I make the levels out of?

things that are stopping me are...

I could make the levels of wood by cutting out squares that will fit in the center and have the wood rest on stoppers that I nail into wood, like a shelf but it will be covering the whole area, i would cut holes out so they can get from level to level.

i could make the levels out of mesh which would be easy but I have found it hard to find already painted/covered mesh, plus I don't wanna hurt their feet. I guess I could cover the wire with stick on tiles, but that would make it harder to hang hammocks from the level above it.

Or I could try and get pans or something and use the wood stopper method, I really don't know. ><"

Help?

·
Registered
447 Posts
If ur rats are litter trained they will still pee or leave water drops so using wood might not be a great idea. If u can find wood thats waterproof but not injected with chemicals then that would be ur best bet with woods. If u really want wood get pine shelves then when the shelves get nasty just reinstall new ones. Covering wood shelves with a cloth could be a plus on ratties feet and soak up watever liquids appear on the shelf. then u could juss wash the cloths. most ppl put a shelves on just a section of the cage giving the ratties plenty of options to get on and off. wut u decide to do im sure itll work for u good luck : ) -Josh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts