Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well, I continue to enjoy my "field trips" with my boys...which really consists of me getting them in their carrier and bringing them to the master bathroom to romp around.

And I think they enjoy it for the most part... but I'd like to make it more stimulating. I try some things... like getting half of a baby puff (strawberry/apple) and putting it on my bent knee.... they smell for it and then climb up my leg to their reward! But that's getting boring I think?

Do they happen to sell "mazes" of sorts? Or any ideas for DIY mazes/puzzles/etc? Or perhaps balls that allow for a hidden treat?

Thanks for any advice! :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
There are several "15 rat trick" videos on You Tube. This is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A07gDVLe14 . The method they use is clicker training, but some of the ideas can easily be adjusted to your situation. One thing would be to put a treat in the ping pong ball and let them figure how to get it out. I think if you watched a few of these videos, you would be overwhelmed with great ideas. There are also parts for sale online for rat obstacle courses.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are several "15 rat trick" videos on You Tube. This is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A07gDVLe14 . The method they use is clicker training, but some of the ideas can easily be adjusted to your situation. One thing would be to put a treat in the ping pong ball and let them figure how to get it out. I think if you watched a few of these videos, you would be overwhelmed with great ideas. There are also parts for sale online for rat obstacle courses.
Thank you, Raindear. I saw that video....and was very impressed! :)

I didn't think to check for "obstacle course"...I searched for "diy rat maze", but some seem quite detailed.

I think creating some places for them to explore (a la boxes) may be in order!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts