Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm having this cage delivered in a couple hours.

Do you have any ideas of what I could do with it to make it fun for the lads? I'm going to have to chicken wire it until they're bigger, any advice on that also?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
You could get tubes, you can buy them or make them. They seem to really love tubes.
Hanging bird toys are always good to get. Even cat balls, little stuffed mouse. Just make sure there is no catnip.
Dog rope toys. If you get a good long one, can tie it to make a rope ladder. It's good for climbing and chewing.
A wheel, get at least a 12" wheel.
And of course plenty of chews!

Be sure to also have hiding huts for them, you can easily make those as well. Tissue boxes work. Stuff it with budding or fleece.
Hammocks are good too! My girls prefer the hammock over the huts lol.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Here's a list of my rats favourites:
Tubes of any shape or size as long as they can fit.
Cardboard boxes with a hole cut out. I know they dont sound that fun but they are my rats most favourite hiding places ever.
Hammocks: really of any size or shape. Mine like when you put a piece of fleece in there too.
Hanging fleece cube hammocks: honestly they sometimes like them more than me!
And last but not least; sputniks. These are rat heaven.
Oh and congrats on the cage!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hammocks. Hanging baskets, huts, bird perches, balls, boxes.. anything you love and would hate to have a rat play with ;)
JAnimal: can you please explain the spacepod- Is it just plastic inside? Do you add fleece? Could you, I dommt know make a fleece cover/liner? It seems like curved plastic could let urine pool throughout the day o_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts