Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
With all of the off brand native rodents in the US, and how lighting can affect the color of digital photos, I hate to ever say anything for certain... but it looks like a pretty common brown rat at first glance.

If it's an escaped domestic rat, it might be pretty friendly, if it's a wild rat it's likely to be pretty skittish, but I've also met some wild rats that live around humans, that will almost let you scoop them up once they get used to you. But either way do not grab it! Wild rats can do some serious damage fast if they think they are in danger!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she said she was going to grab the bird feeder to refill it and almost grabbed the poor little guy. ..then my mom freaked out and started dancing around and the rat just sat there and watched her

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
If you are sure you can tell the difference between a wild rat and a domestic rat, you might go and check him out. But like I said wild rats can get very tame, until you try and grab them... then you go to the ER for some stitches and shots.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure at all.....plus I've seen how domestic rats can get mean, so she probably won't mess with it especially since I'm not up there to help her with it...I just thought it was kind of funny because she texted me last night saying "there's a rat in my bird feeder what do I do?"

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
Now that's a silly question... She should load it with rat blocks! It will hopefully prevent those pesky birds from eating all of the rats food.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts