Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started about 2 weeks ago, Little had a wheezing attack went to the vet and got doxy, did that for a week and she wasn't eating a lot. Her stool turned dark black so we returned to the vet and they discovered blood in the stool and put her on Carafate. Still not eating a lot

Her stool has returned to a lighter color, she will eat a little baby food but not much else and now we discovered a lump in the armpit area and she wheezes when she gets worked up. We are making her comfortable but she is weak lost almost 100 grams since the start of this.

I have no problem going back to the vet but don't want to stress her if there's nothing else that can be done.

Any suggestions of things to do to help?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS, she does still crawl around on us and bathe and brux so I do not feel she is miserable or in amounts of pain (her pain is from her bumblefoot which I believe is infected, she is on Baytril for that)

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
You can get a lotion for Bumblefoot called Surolan. You can also apply Blu-Kote. All you can really do is keep her comfortable and try pain meds if you think she is hurting. Metacam is a good pain med.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts