Rat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
omg, I'm so excited, i'm finally a foster mom to 12 wonderful ratties, they're all PEW's a mom and 11 babies. the mom weighs 400 grams and is the biggest rat i've ever seen, shes a godzilla rat in my opinion. I'll post pictures ASAP when i'm done work tonight they're going to be allowed free roaming priveledges in the bathroom it should be interesting. There are 7 girls and 4 boys as far as the babies come, my boyfriend is already becomming attached i can see it in his face, he spends more time watching them than i do lol :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re: IM A FOSTER MOM!!!

YOU ROCK!!!!!

I never realized the importance of fosters until I started doing rescue.
It is the most amazing, selfless gift to give of one's SELF, love and time.

Talk about racking up some phenomenal karma :)

Again...

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

Aww, yaaaaaaay! You so totally rock! I know you'd been wanting to do this, so I'm happy you can!

Yeah, DFW, they are gold. I wish I could find more. The few I have are so completely fantastic, I love them.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

*takes a bow* haha it feels great to foster them, i swear this is the remedy for all of those people who want to breed their ratties so bad, don't breed yours just foster ones that have litters, its FAR more rewarding anyway. These guys are being fostered for the SPCA, they'll be going back in three weeks or so, so i get to watch them grow up, I am uploading pictures as we speak, so within the next half hour i'll have some posted up here :D

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

and FINALLY... the pictures!!!

this first one is the mama, i'm telling you i have the craziest imagination for toys but my rats love it, they have their very own toy plunger, as seen in the below photo, which provides them with, a bouncy bottom to run and jump on, a pole for pole dancing, a fake tree to pretend hide behind and soooo much more haha. they really do love it though :)

This second one is a picture of the babies sleeping together in a box, its just a basic box that you get at a petstore to take home your bird/rodent, it came with them in their cage this morning and I wish i couldhave gotten a picture of it but they all crammed in there and then the mama got in to, it was hilarious.

and its sleepy time. This is not their current litter by the way, the volunteer from the SPCA didn't know a thing about rats and put in shredded news paper, it doesn't look like they've ingested any of it thank god, but its been changed to nice old aspen shavings :)

and last but not least, i couldn't resist shoving in a new picture of my harrison, who had to deal with a shorter play time due to the fact that i had 11 babies crawling all over me :p

·
Registered
520 Posts
That is my favorite age. :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Haha, soooo cute! The way the mother's looking at you, it's like she's saying "are you here to help me? Did they finally send someone? Thank goodness, cause these kids are driving me wild!" And I love the big pile of white fuzziness!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah they're sooooo much fun, I'm already considering fostering a dog in the spring because of this, i think its much more rewarding than just going out and getting a puppy because you feel like it lol and the rats oh my gosh what is there not to love eh? They remind me of soft little cotton balls i love them to pieces!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts