Rat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well my last two posts are about my boys but ive just cheacked them over and tobys eye is bleeding im really scared i dont no whats going on the other day they were all fine i love my rats to peices and dont want them to die im takin them 2 the vets 2 moz my moms payin for it but i just wanna no now what might be wrong im not gunna be able to sleep to night unless i no they are ok, ive had a bad experance with illnesses in the last year for example my great aunty went in to hospital cuz ov an astma attack and she never came back, my rat developed a tumour over a few days and died and my cat developed cancer over a week and died so im quiet paranoided that sominthing bad is goin to happen now cuz to me it seems like every thing or 1 i love leaves me sorry this is a bit ov a rant but im very upset and wanna no if they will be ok please some1 reasure me, thanks x

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I wish I could help you :( The only consolation I can think of, and I don't know if you are superstitious at all, is you've had your 3 bad things, it's time for your luck to change.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol 3! my rat cat and aunty and moms m8 died then my mom n dad split up then my fella ov 3 years left me n ive been really ill lol im just waiting for the next thing! grrr life sucks atm :(

·
Registered
814 Posts
your boy that you looked after while he was sick!! oie men (no offens to any men and my man :D *innocent look*)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup i looked after him for ages n then 1 day he said he was goin 2 his moms for a night that was 3 weeks ago and half his stuff is at his moms he just walked out on me just like that!

·
Registered
814 Posts
oooo i'll beat the bloody bugger!!! Guys are so weird like that. Wanna bet he was jelous of the rats? lol sorry trying to help you feel better :)

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Hun, if you can't handle illness, uncertainty and dying, rats are soo not for you. Thats exactly what they are. You have to relax and get over the fears with them since they have such short lifespans and even those could be halved at times, and enjoy their huge personalities and wonderful attitude.

Bleeding eye could jsut be excessive porphyrin and an indicator something is wrong. How is he acting acting other than the porphy eye?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Fallinstar is one of the best rats owners i know without having personally met. I would trust her with my rats any day, i know she really cares for her boys and she knows what to expect. Wouldn't you be upset if your little one wasn't well?
anyways, How are the boys doing star?

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Nazarath said:
Fallinstar is one of the best rats owners i know without having personally met. I would trust her with my rats any day, i know she really cares for her boys and she knows what to expect. Wouldn't you be upset if your little one wasn't well?
anyways, How are the boys doing star?
Relax, Nazarath, I was just telling her what to expect. I am not suggesting she is a bad owner, just an anxious one. I just lost several little ones, so I know how it is, fighting with meds (injections if necessary), vet visits, the big decision to save suffering and euthanize, or having them pass at home with me on the bed at 2 am.

Rat owners have to be calm during emergencies and accepting of the short life span. A lot of my friends are new rat owners and were the worrying kind, but it wasn't doing any good for their sick rats or themselves. They are much calmer now.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I am relaxed? thats one thing i don't like about forums, You can never hear someones voice to know if they are heated up or not. I was mainly putting in my 2 cents. I will admit to being anxious with my little ones lol, However i'm always calm during emergencies due to my experience with horses and training them. If you have a 4yr old bolt on you, you can't flip out, You'll never regain control of the horse like that lol.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
right i have calmed down now every thing was gettin on top ov me have taken a break and looked over the rats again, it wasnt tobys eye that was bleeding it was a scratch above it which has now gone codys cut has now gone and roobs bite like marks have been looked at by my friend who is training to be a vet and she has sed its nothing 2 worry about hes just been cleaning him self to much wow i was so worryed ! thanks every1

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks, roobs still has a few scabs but ive been re asurred that it is only him grooming to hard! silly boy

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Usually rats that "groom too hard" just barber hair. A healthy rat won't harm himself. Where are the scabs located?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts