Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i would like to buy or adopt two female rats for my daughter and I. Can anyone tell me if it's better to get baby rats, or is it ok to adopt 2 one year old females from the animal shelter?I do not know a whole lot about rats and how to handle them. I' m sure everyone here will be able to get me good advise and lots of help.
Thank you so much,
Corinna

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well first off I suggest doing lots of research, read as much as you can about caring for rats before adopting any. Make sure also that are you are educated on the dangers of pine, proper caging and nutrition. i would also suggest not buying rats from a petshop. I personally think it's a great idea to adopt two older rats from a shelter there are so many homeless rats out there it would be wonderfull if you could give two of them a home! Also older rats would be calmer. However you should prepare your self for the possibility thst they may need a little extra time and patientce if they are not well socialized. Best of luck rats make great pets!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i would like to buy or adopt two female rats for my daughter and I. Can anyone tell me if it's better to get baby rats, or is it ok to adopt 2 one year old females from the animal shelter?I do not know a whole lot about rats and how to handle them. I' m sure everyone here will be able to get me good advise and lots of help.
Thank you so much,
Corinna
When I decided to get mine, I knew nothing about them, so went to the library and borrowed couple books. Now I have my own but it helped A Great deal to do that as there are Lots of Mis conceptions in their regards. A book basically covers it all. I mean a far as the basics. Yeah, it will be nice of you to adopt them from the shelter as the poor little things must be heart broken and could use a second chance at having a place they could call home and a parent. Best of Luck. Get Ready to have fun, They are adorable creatures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts