Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name's Carol and I liked rats ever since I saw the coolest hairless rat at the pet store. I hope to get a rat, but it's not expected. I am also inexperienced with these creatures and would love to know more about them and to meet your furry friend as well. :wink:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi! Your parents not into the rat thing either huh? Neither were mine but trust me the best way to make an argument is to know lots about them and have eveything planned out (money, were the rats will sleep, what you'll feed them, etc.) Make sure you try and get two so your rat can have a cage mate but if your parents do the whole "just one to make sure you can handle it" thing don't worry, my parents said we would see how I did and if it all went well I could get another rat in a year. Stuart (my first baby!) won them over in a week. Good luck! :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Best pets ever! Right up there with dogs, as far as I'm concerned...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoa, you so don't get it. They can understand that I have the money laid out and would have everything planned out; they just don't FEEL like reminding me to feed it (which I would anyway), and they just don't want another animal taking up space. With 3 cats, 2 dogs, 2 fish, and one leopard gecko, things can get a little hectic. To top that off, my mom thinks the cats would eat the rat in a week, and my dad says the'yre varmints and not meant to be domesticated pets. -.-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts