Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I don't have any rats yet but my husband and oldest son (he's 3) are going to pick up two female rat babies Wednesday evening. We don't have a fancy cage yet so initially they will live in a glass tank. My husband has been scouring Craigslist looking for something more suitable but until we find it I figured I would try to start the girls off with at least some comfortable furnishings. I have a friend who posted a question once asking about sewing machines because she wanted to make hammocks for her rats. That got me thinking then searching the internet and led me to this forum.

I don't really know anything about rats. My husband had a rat growing up and would periodically hint that he would like to get another. I finally broke down and here we are. I have been trying to find a good website that explains basic rat care but I am too tired to spend much time reading long articles on the computer. I think I'll go to the library this afternoon and check out some books instead.

Long story short, this seems like a real friendly place and I'm sure I will need some friendly help over the next few weeks. I don't know the lingo but I'm a fast learner and I'll try not to ask a lot of rediculous questions. I also promise to post some pics once the girls get settled in.

·
Registered
527 Posts
welcome! you'll learn everything you need to know about ratties here. ;D

just a note of warning: most rat books in libraries are out of date, so the information on bedding/ food may not be valid. the best book you can get is Rats: Complete Care Made Easy by Debbie Ducommun. or just search the internet when you're up to it.

you could try this site, as the articles are short and concise: http://www.rmca.org/Resources/rmcafaq.htm

can't wait to see your new girls; i'm sure they'll be adorable! <3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts