I have two female rats (Lily and Daisy) and I am pretty sure they were from the same litter. Anyway, I got them around last April, but have had rats before. Yesterday, I bought them a new and bigger cage and as I was transferring them, I noticed that Lily was favoring her left hind leg and was not putting weight on it. Of course, I was instantly worried and told my mom. She looked at it and said that Lily probably just got it caught in the old cage when they were playing with each other and sprained it. She told me to pretty much leave it alone and to let it heal on its own. Then today, I took Lily out of her cage to check on her, and her foot is really swollen. I again told my mom, even more worried, and she said that swelling goes along with a sprain and that there is pretty much nothing I can do except let it heal on its own. I did some research and she has no open wounds, so I don't think it is Bumblefoot. The cage that I got them yesterday is a Tri-level cage so i moved the food and water to the bottom level (where Lily mostly stays). My mom says that the only thing i can really do (if Lily lets me) is soak her foot to help with the swelling. Is that a good idea?