Rat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Fettacchine, Alfredo, Juniper
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was scrolling on my youtube home page and this came up. I'm gonna honestly cryyyyy

1. the bird was in a TANK
2. they went into a pet store not doing any research and not knowing what they would come home with
3. SHE SAID "EWWW A RAT!!" oh my god I'm gonna CRY.
4. the rat was living IN A TANK. WIRE wheel. no enrichment. and literally so many other things.
5. THEY ONLY WERE GONNA GET 1 RATTTTTTT AHHHHHHHH(until they were told they need two)
6.THE STORE HAD RACCOONS AND SLOTHS IN CAGES. I mean I don't know what country or state this is in but that's kinda wrong.
7. oh my god the dad was pulling the rat's tail.
8. the mom kept referring to the baby rat as a "mouse"
9. luckily the employee said you NEED two.
10. are you SERIOUS. they ended up only getting one.
11. "do you wanna hold the rat" "No." "Why" "WHy would I wanna hold a rat"
12. please please please please please don't tell that little tiny green cage is the normal cage. PLEASE. i hope it was just a travel cage..
13. oh my GOD. "EWW its gotta long ugly beep tail
14. wait omg they weren't able to get another rat bc THE OTHER RATS WERE MALESSS??? omg. so a female living with a whole bunch of MALES?? GOD...
15. they didn't have a cage set up.
16. it was kinda cute how the kid was so excited.
17. "I wonder if we have to get it shots for rabies or dieses"

it said to be continued so ima watch the other vids.

comment any other mistakes or things that annoyed you

·
Registered
Lilac, Comet, and Spark
528 Posts
I can't believe the pet store sells so many exotic animals! Not just animals like rats which are considered exotic, but actually exotic animals!
I would think that's illegal :(

Plus the enclosures are so small, and they aren't caring properly for the animals!

·
Registered
39 Posts
So I was scrolling on my youtube home page and this came up. I'm gonna honestly cryyyyy

1. the bird was in a TANK
2. they went into a pet store not doing any research and not knowing what they would come home with
3. SHE SAID "EWWW A RAT!!" oh my god I'm gonna CRY.
4. the rat was living IN A TANK. WIRE wheel. no enrichment. and literally so many other things.
5. THEY ONLY WERE GONNA GET 1 RATTTTTTT AHHHHHHHH(until they were told they need two)
6.THE STORE HAD RACCOONS AND SLOTHS IN CAGES. I mean I don't know what country or state this is in but that's kinda wrong.
7. oh my god the dad was pulling the rat's tail.
8. the mom kept referring to the baby rat as a "mouse"
9. luckily the employee said you NEED two.
10. are you SERIOUS. they ended up only getting one.
11. "do you wanna hold the rat" "No." "Why" "WHy would I wanna hold a rat"
12. please please please please please don't tell that little tiny green cage is the normal cage. PLEASE. i hope it was just a travel cage..
13. oh my GOD. "EWW its gotta long ugly beep tail
14. wait omg they weren't able to get another rat bc THE OTHER RATS WERE MALESSS??? omg. so a female living with a whole bunch of MALES?? GOD...
15. they didn't have a cage set up.
16. it was kinda cute how the kid was so excited.
17. "I wonder if we have to get it shots for rabies or dieses"

it said to be continued so ima watch the other vids.

comment any other mistakes or things that annoyed you
and those hamsters at the pet store were fighting not playing 😵

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don’t know if you hava this in your country but in mine, you can make an animal protection statement to authorities if you find something that might harm an animal or just wrong care. I heavily suggest you to to that if you can do those because that is just so wrong in so many levels. It will never stop or get better if no one acts!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah!! I disliked the video. I agree with what you all said! LITTERAL RACOONS AND SLOTHS IN TANKS. Ughhhhh.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don’t know if you hava this in your country but in mine, you can make an animal protection statement to authorities if you find something that might harm an animal or just wrong care. I heavily suggest you to to that if you can do those because that is just so wrong in so many levels. It will never stop or get better if no one acts!
I am a little confused but I would like to do that. I will try and ask my dad

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I keep thinking about the video and it just makes me FURIOUS. I looked at their channel and it says the mother was actually in PRISON for something idk but they have not posted any other videos about the poor rat.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
So, this thread keeps getting posted on so I finally watched the video and I see nothing wrong with it. I'm not a fan of that pet store but this family didn't do anything upsetting. They purchased 3 rats, a very large cage, and provided their rats with vet care. There's no evidence of animal abuse or cruelty whatsoever.

If you don't like the video, don't watch it and don't watch their other videos.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok. in my opinion, this is just wrong. I'm glad they got more rats but there is so many wrong things in the video.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It sounds like you're more upset that they said "mean" things about rats. That's understandable but it seems like they're doing a good job of caring for their pets.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes im quite upset that they were saying horrible things about the rats but also that the animals were in TERRIBLE conditions at the pet store.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts