Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive had my ratigan's for 11 days now. Some of you may have seen my posts about Phineas & Ferb not wanting to come out out their cage and wanting to interact with me. And they definatley would not be picked up.
RatDaddy advised that progress is not always slow, sometimes rats have a "lightbulb" moment.

Tonight was that Lightbulb moment!!
Feeling so proud & happy!!

I took the cage to the rat proof immersion zone as usual and did not seem to be getting anywhere for the first 45mins, with both rats hiding either in or under the cage. So i removed the cage... It was just me...and the rats.

I could not have predicted how quickly it happened.
First Ferb ran up my leg and on to my lap, then up my arm and on to my shoulder before i could even get seated onto the floor, he was soon followed by Phineas on the opposite shoulder.. Within seconds i had 2 rats sitting on my head, licking and sniffing my ears.
They were happy for me to handle the too!!! Ferb shocked me the most, he went to sleep in my arms with me stroking his ear.

I very happy rat owner tonight!!

Im sure most people on here have had a similar experience, and i thought this could be a good thread to share each others success stories??

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just half an hour ago my more skittish baby seemed to finally get over her lingering fears of me and she fully submitted to me as alpha and allowed me to skritch and scratch her or a long while. She climbed on me and let me pick her up without her leaping away. She even bruxed for the first time because I was scratching behind her ears! She showered my hands and arms in kisses almost every time I reached out to touch her. I couldn't have been more proud of my sweet little baby! <3

·
Registered
195 Posts
Today I was able to hold all three girls for a bit with no struggling while I pet them :) Also only found 3 poops on the cover protecting my bed while they are out I think I was happier about that than the petting!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts