Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have 2 4ish month boys and 3 2ish month boys. Finished quarantine, now cages are next to each other. How long is good for that stage? A few days? A few weeks? I have no idea. Also, I have the babies in a cage I hate to clean (and access). The older boys are in the top half of DCN. Would it be ok if I put the babies in lower half before introduction in the bathtub?? Not sure if it's better to have them at eye level to each other until then, but I would love to put that dumb cage away. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just finished doing Intros between three existing boys and one new addition. Each time I've done intros (twice now) I've had the boys in separate cages next to each other for 24 hours. Then I do the neutral territory greetings. The first time I did intros (between my boy Alfie who is a year + and the 4 or 5 week old babies) it went so well that I just put them all in the cage together and there was no issues. This past weekend I did intro's between the three boys, and a new guy, and started the same way.

Since your quarantine is over, I would say jump right in. The sooner you get the introductions over with the better off you'll be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts