Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that burning anything, incense especially, is dangerous and can really damage my rats' respiratory systems. But what exactly causes the damage - is it just the smoke, or can the strong smell hurt their noses as well? Like, if I were to move my rats cage out of my room to burn incense (the only room I can burn it in), then open a window afterwards to let the room air out before moving them back, would that be okay? Or should I just avoid burning incense in that room all together?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Both would do harm. The smell of it could inflame while the smoke would just be smoke. I don't really know how to explain it but when you inhale too much smoke and yeah. //I'm really tired sorry
And I was told to avoid burning all together even if the incense is next to my window with the window open

·
Registered
25 Posts
The thing that irritates the respiratory system is the particles that the smell and smoke of incense releases into the air, so burning anything (or spraying chemical-filled product such as deodorant of window cleaner) is likely to be harmful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.