Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken Grizz off of the benadryl the vet put her on, and she is doing MUCH better. While she wasn't feeling so hot her cagemate Lee took over as the dominant one in the cage despite being much younger.
Now that Grizz is feeling better, she's re-establishing herself as the dominant rattie. She and Lee are tussling pretty constantly right now, and Lee never. stops. squeaking.
I know she's not being hurt, she is just complaining mightily, but I keep wondering if I should be intervening. It's important that Grizz keep her dominant status as she has a lot of confidence whereas Lee does not.

So long as no one is being hurt, should I just let them be? Right now Lee is complaining very loudly because Grizz has her flipped on her back and is power grooming the living daylights out of her.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have a very squeaky rat too. He squeaks even when he is grooming himself sometimes! I generally just let him get on with it. All the guides say rats should be silent but it seems some rats are more vocal than we have been led to believe!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. Lee is certainly not silent... she must not have read any of the guides.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Two of my rats are very squeaky so when they start power grooming and tusslin', it's a very loud squeak-fest. But, like someone said, no blood no problem. The rat cage is in my room so if I'm trying to sleep and the squeaks won't stop I'll tap the cage and that'll stop them... for a while. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts